Pros and cons of opening a strip club?

Me and some of my investor buddies have been talking about opening an upscale strip club here in houston, we see it as a business venture. What are pros and cons we should consider?

I would appreciate your thoughts, thanks.
There is a prime location on Westheimer that I bet you could acquire. It has a club in it already, but I hear they might be having some issues.
1. Picking up used rubbers at closing time.
2. Walking over sticky jizz stains with your new shoes.
3. Dealing with dysfunctional employees.
4. Employees that use drugs at work.
5. All your buddies will expect free drinks and VIP services from the dancers.
6. Vice cops.
7. Security

Pros
1. You will be your buddies favorite friend.
2. You can use the barter system with your dancers.
3. You can personally interview perspective dancers.
4. See 1-3.
Hmmm...interesting. I like the pros better.
Aside from the Cons listed by Bigdawg, you have to think of the overhead, insurance, all kind of supplies including food and beverages, office suplies, restroom supplies, bills of all kinds including water, electricity, security and a host of other expenditures. If you don't want to take care of those things personally you must hire at least a good manager and an honest bookkeeper.

I wish you success if you do decide to open a strip club.
The very first thing I would do, would to recruit a professional management team, before I sunk a dime into anything.

If you and your investors are serious, ( witch I kinda doubt, with a post in this forum) The people that would run the day to day for your investment, would help you in the direction to start.

Or just say fuck it and wing it.......
sorry...... the first post was a con

the pro now....... you would get to ogle, on all these 20 something year old dancers, that will ride you like a pack mule, once they figure out your weakness
I like pros better...lol ( : I don't mind working as senior management in a strip club, I'll even do it for free! I enjoy the presence of beautiful women all over me pressing their boobs against my face. I guess you are right, them fine ladies are my weakness.

I would appreciate your thoughts, thanks. Originally Posted by TheAntichrist666
God help me for saying this, but after reading your posts since you emerged (especially this one), IMO you're FOS. You're probably a real good guy, but you come across as not having the smarts to run a Kool Aid stand. Again IJS.

You asked.

You're welcome.
I'm a bit ignorant about a lot of things, that is why I asked.
You'll never get a license, so just forget all about it. The SC game is about over.
You'll never get a license, so just forget all about it. The SC game is about over. Originally Posted by NorthWood

No shit?
Where did you read that?
Houston is a pretty big place, The United States is even a bigger place.

Your bubble must be pretty clouded, you just might want to push the needle into the bubble to break it, then look around.....
I get out some, and have been getting out for about 30 years. Wake up and smell the coffee, new guy.
Thanks guys for sharing your thoughts ( =
This will not end well for you should you choose to pursue it.
Especially for the "perks" you think you'll be receiving.
Owners of those establishments rarely grace them.
As stated before they hire MANAGERS.
Now if it's purely money motivated you may have a chance in hell.