ATT phone text to computer

I have many texts on my AT&T phone that I want to transfer to my computer. Is there a program of some kind to off load them to my computer?
What kind of phone is it
It's a Neon II LG model GW370 with a 16 GB sim card. I have reached capacity on memory for my text message
On-line research returns the following information-

The instructions for this are in your phone manual. If you have no manual go to the LG Website at www.lg.com under support.

After your software connects, you should then be able to backup your text messages, among other functions available for your phone.

If this does not work, you can try to get a free account at myphone.microsoft.com, and sync your text messages online that way. They then can be accessed online, saved to computer individually, or as a zip file from there. However, Microsoft will be ending the Myphone service at the end of this month, so you will have to have this setup prior to that. At which time it will back up your online setting to a skydrive account for you.
is this phone an android phone? if so there is a program called SMS to Text that transfers them to the memory card which your computer should see via the usb cable and its a free app
Thanks for your help I will try it and hope I can capture the messages. I agree coffee is the nector of the gods.