WELCOME TO THE "DARK SIDE" JAY LENO.......

Wake up Jay (entertainment liberal); the problem isn't ethanol, but control, big government and the runaway administrative state.
CAN'T WE JUST GET RID OF ETHANOL?

There have been a lot of old-car fires lately. I went through the ’70s, the ’80s and most of the ’90s without ever having read much about car fires. Suddenly, they are happening all over the place. Here’s one reason: The ethanol in modern gasoline—about 10 percent in many states—is so corrosive, it eats through either the fuel-pump diaphragm, old rubber fuel lines or a pot metal part, then leaks out on a hot engine … and ka-bloooooie!!!

As someone who collects old cars, and keeps them up religiously, I am now replacing fuel-pressure regulators every 12 to 18 months. New cars are equipped with fuel lines that are resistant to ethanol damage, but with older cars, the worst can happen—you’re going down the road, and suddenly your car is on fire.....for more go to:
http://autoweek.com/article/car-life...-hates-ethanol
It is cheaper to import than produce here, but has been a big boon to the corn farmers. Plus has made a few very wealthy.
It is worse......the ethanol mandate has driven up the price of corn - a basic food that hurts the poor and working poor the most with higher grocery prices.

It is cheaper to import than produce here, but has been a big boon to the corn farmers. Plus has made a few very wealthy. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Only 1 GOP candidate has spoken against the ethanol requirement (subsidy) = Ted Cruz!
He will probably bomb in Iowa.
It is a farce that a small insignificant, largely rural, state gets to set the table for the Presidential campaign.

He will probably bomb in Iowa. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I don't like the ethanol because I see what it does on a regular basis especially to small engines.

But...I think that at least part of that statement is BS, I can remember plenty of cars catching on fire in the 70's and 80's. Might have been for different reasons but my guess would be that there were probably fewer car fires percentage wise in 2014 than there were in 1984.
Carbonation to fuel injection.
Carbonation to fuel injection. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I'm is pure you meant carburetion. And yes, that is an answer, an electronic fuel injection system can meter ethanol blend gasolines better than a carburetor with a fixed jetting system.

And most fuel injection systems have the correct seals, o-rings, and lines to deal with the corrosive nature of ethanol based fuels.

I have a '60's vintage "muscle car", (actually more of a custom "hot rod"), that I converted to E-85. I changed the tank to a Stainless Steel unit, all of the lines,the fuel pump, the fuel pressure regulator, and bought a Quickfuel 950 already set up for E-85.

It runs really good, better than on Unleaded Premium. But the whole conversion was pretty expensive.

We all know that Bio-Fuels are here to stay, I just learned to play the game.

By the way, one advantage to E-85 is it cost quite a bit less than gasoline. But in this recent gas war, when Unkeaded got down to 1.75 a gallon, E-85 stayed at 2.60.
What would whore-LIE-turd do without corncobs?
Only 1 GOP candidate has spoken against the ethanol requirement (subsidy) = Ted Cruz! Originally Posted by Whirlaway

It's because of his concern for the poor and the working poor.

Sorry, I knew it.....

Slow news days Whirliar?
I'm is pure you meant carburetion. And yes, that is an answer, an electronic fuel injection system can meter ethanol blend gasolines better than a carburetor with a fixed jetting system.

And most fuel injection systems have the correct seals, o-rings, and lines to deal with the corrosive nature of ethanol based fuels.

I have a '60's vintage "muscle car", (actually more of a custom "hot rod"), that I converted to E-85. I changed the tank to a Stainless Steel unit, all of the lines,the fuel pump, the fuel pressure regulator, and bought a Quickfuel 950 already set up for E-85.

It runs really good, better than on Unleaded Premium. But the whole conversion was pretty expensive.

We all know that Bio-Fuels are here to stay, I just learned to play the game.

By the way, one advantage to E-85 is it cost quite a bit less than gasoline. But in this recent gas war, when Unkeaded got down to 1.75 a gallon, E-85 stayed at 2.60. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Yep good 'ol auto fill got me again,
It is imposable to buy e85 anywhere around where I live the mileage is so poor no one would buy it, so the stations dropped it.
And I thought you libtards were against corporate welfare.
And I thought you libtards were against corporate welfare. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
It doesn't impact the "deer" corn industry, ...

....................so it won't slow down manufacturing of hunting rifle rounds.