Former UH coach Guy V. Lewis finally enshrined in Hall of Fame

Guy V Lewis, Brought Joy to our City and he was only doing his job coaching.

Well Overdue, glad to see it finally happen and His Players to share.
It's about dam time.
+1 ACTUALLY IT'S WAY PAST DUE- What a Great coach and gentleman
I was in St. Louis while my dad and sister was at the games,,, I have seen The Dream, The Glyde, and the entire PHI SLAMMA JAMMA,,, still go to the games and miss seeing coach in his box,,, but its about time,,, There is no coach ,, and i mean no coach that has taken a bunch of average inner city players that far,,, he took kids that other school didn't want,, these kids did things for the NCAA that no one will ever know nor understand,,, NCAA tournament was going broke when the COOGS were flying high in NIT..... things were different back then,,, No one had seen an entire team take it to the hole the entire time,,,The NCAA had finally invited them to their tournament and boy did they show everyone.... I know im going to get haters here but you must know that there will never be a team such as that one ....They played against all the greats ,, Jordan, ewing,, you name them and they played them,,,, Remember also that Hakeem had never played basketball until he came to Houston. Use to play at the center with Moses Malone,, and that man showed him how to be tuff,,, he would pound him and pound him,,, hakeem was skinny and needed to learn how to play ruff and that is what he did,,I use to go as a kid and watch these kids play never knowing they would be the greats we know of today,,,Still have my red shoes with the UH on the side,,,, how many of you even seen them shoes,,, i got them because i have always been a COOG fan, I know we will all remember the one lucky shot that lost the game but again Hakeem was new to the game and swore he would never stand still until he heard the buzzer after that lost.. And he returned the glory by winning it all for us in 94-95,,, Houston Cougars all the way,,I can not forget Elvin Hayes,, for this man was the first of the dynasty Coach Lewis had,,,, , Thank you Guy V. Lewis and the memories of your polk a dot towel thrown in the air as you won each game,,,, Screw the politics you deserved this honor 20 years ago...
It's about dam time. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
+1
great coach he was under rated. good guy