Keeping things clean ...

Badbottom mentioned, in another thread, about using an autoclave to sterilize metal sounds and that sounds like a good idea.

But it's probably time to discuss keeping everything else clean. Toys, floggers, dildos, etc.

Any special hints? I know what I do, plus I always cover up my toys with condoms but I would appreciate hearing others, first.

Elisabeth
For insertables, spend the money on silicone, wash in the dishwasher, always use toys.

For anything that might come into contact with blood, there are some wipes you can purchase that are great to use, medical grade stuff. At SPLF and BV there is a lady who sells them, she's based out of houston. When I get a chance I'll get the name for it. This is the real deal, kills all sorts of things you wouldn't even imagine existed.
Found the link:
https://www.kinkymedical.net/searchr...rm=Antiseptics

Cavicide and cavi-wipes. Other stuff on there would be good as well.

For any type of seating space/leather bench/etc a 5% bleach solution in a spray bottle, leave it for 30 seconds and wipe with a clean paper towl takes care of most things, though it can stain so color test. Or use the cavicide/cavi-wipes, but again color test.

PS Hi EW!
For insertables, spend the money on silicone, wash in the dishwasher, always use toys.

For anything that might come into contact with blood, there are some wipes you can purchase that are great to use, medical grade stuff. At SPLF and BV there is a lady who sells them, she's based out of houston. When I get a chance I'll get the name for it. This is the real deal, kills all sorts of things you wouldn't even imagine existed.
Found the link:
https://www.kinkymedical.net/searchr...rm=Antiseptics

Cavicide and cavi-wipes. Other stuff on there would be good as well.

For any type of seating space/leather bench/etc a 5% bleach solution in a spray bottle, leave it for 30 seconds and wipe with a clean paper towl takes care of most things, though it can stain so color test. Or use the cavicide/cavi-wipes, but again color test.

PS Hi EW! Originally Posted by badbottom
There are some pretty nasty bugs out there, not necessarily STDs, but in this department cleanliness is of utmost importance. Believe it or not, there are somethings that only soap and water gets rid of. These bugs will survive alcohol, bleach and even medical grade betadine. Condoms on the toys are really a good idea!
Use condoms on all insertables.

Use spray bottle with DisCide on all surfaces like crosses, spanking benches, etc. DisCide can also be sprayed on/wiped off to clean impact toys & on insertables after cleaning with soap & water.

Label states, "Effectively kills MRSA, VRE, HIV, EHV-1,*herpes, adenovirus, staphylococcus, E-coli, pseudomonas, salmonella, and is a fungicidal and tuberculocidal -- all in one." It is available on Amazon.
Thanks for that S&T.

Use spray bottle with DisCide on all surfaces like crosses, spanking benches, etc. DisCide can also be sprayed on/wiped off to clean impact toys & on insertables after cleaning with soap & water.

Label states, "Effectively kills MRSA, VRE, HIV, EHV-1,*herpes, adenovirus, staphylococcus, E-coli, pseudomonas, salmonella, and is a fungicidal and tuberculocidal -- all in one." It is available on Amazon. Originally Posted by SlapAndTickle
+1 on DisCide. Beyond Vanilla (as mentioned above) is coming soon to Dallas, and Southplains in late Feb too. But you can pick it up at medical supply companies as well.

Another thing about playing safe with any insertable is to keep them personalized for your playmates. I know that's not always practical, but a long time ago I made the decision that I'm not really interested in trusting that the person with whom I'm playing is going to be as careful about my health as I would be. Ergo I bring my own toys to play with.
I use condoms on all my toys... and all of them get a bath in the tub every week whether they've been used or not. After use I wash them with an antibacterial, then they get a nice hot bleach bath, then sat on a dry towel.. I use the same procedure for the weekly cleanings.

Label states, "Effectively kills MRSA, VRE, HIV, EHV-1,*herpes, adenovirus, staphylococcus, E-coli, pseudomonas, salmonella, and is a fungicidal and tuberculocidal -- all in one." It is available on Amazon. Originally Posted by SlapAndTickle
One of the reasons why I started this topic was to get information like this. Many thanks!

Elisabeth
Another thing about playing safe with any insertable is to keep them personalized for your playmates. I know that's not always practical, but a long time ago I made the decision that I'm not really interested in trusting that the person with whom I'm playing is going to be as careful about my health as I would be. Ergo I bring my own toys to play with. Originally Posted by Krunkman
I would be VERY willing to keep toys for my clients in a special place in my incall since I do have a large space. Even though I've mentioned it a few times, no one has really taken me up on the offer.

I think that bringing your own toys is a very good idea and practice. Really!