Facebook

Ok, so I've resisted the Myspace, Facebook, Twitter stuff and really don't feel like I'm missing anything. Late last year though a friend I've known since College joins Facebook and I get an invite via my email. I blew it off. However I got a reminder today from Facebook and it states I may know other people and they list five. One guy I know.... weird! And then, wow, a provider's name (and pic) pops up (who I haven't seen in over two years and dearly miss).

Now I'm freaked!

WTF! Not even being a member of Facebook this is really twilight zone shit! I really want to follow this up but it's just too weird.

A) How did this happen?

B) Would you follow up?

Btw, there's no way in hell he knew either person.
  • selot
  • 01-19-2010, 07:41 PM
I know of at least 3 providers in the Dallas area that are on Facebook, they don't advertise or check their accounts very often but they are on there.
The first or second guy you know may have submitted his address book (or multiple books) to Facebook to search for potential friends. The Facebook software algorithms will comb those listings and many others to come up with potential relationships and randomly suggest ''friends". No doubt you've heard of 6 degrees of separation. Well, what happened to you is a prime example. Scary, ain't it.
I've seen several providers on MySpace....some not under their working names......I find those sites can give you a better insight of what you're dealing with if you find them.