Oregon: 44 people signed up for Obamacare at a cost of $300 Million

Yep, from Oct 1 to Nov 30, forty-four people signed up for private health insurance at a cost of 300 million in the state of Oregon.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...gnups/3992583/

Its gotten a little bit better since Nov 30:
He pointed to the state's own tally, which shows 9,949 people had enrolled as of Tuesday — 9,219 in Medicaid and 730 in private plans. That means 686 people have enrolled in private plans they learned about on Cover Oregon so far this month.

Here's where the $300 MM figure comes from:

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2013/11/...single-person/

It's half-time in America, the losing QB has granted himself a 5th and 6th quarter.
Don't tell Doofie, CBJ7, or AssupRidee, DEM. the medicine they will need to recover from finally recognizing the truth is not covered by Obamacare.
Don't tell Doofie, CBJ7, or AssupRidee, DEM. the medicine they will need to recover from finally recognizing the truth is not covered by Obamacare. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Oh, but the "truth" is covered by Odumbocare -- in fact, it's completely obscured!
Oh, but the "truth" is covered by Odumbocare -- in fact, it's completely obscured! Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Now THAT is funny! And all too true!

Snick!

Got my policy, cards and doctor. Same as before.

sucks to be you, crybabies!
Snick!

Got my policy, cards and doctor. Same as before.

sucks to be you, crybabies! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
We'll never know the truth!
Yep, from Oct 1 to Nov 30, forty-four people signed up for private health insurance at a cost of 300 million in the state of Oregon. . Originally Posted by gnadfly
http://www.californiahealthline.org/...ealth-benefits

#1: Look at the date of this "article" ... and then think Pelosi.

#2. The significance relative to your announcement is that when the California economy went in the toilet many of them moved to Oregon, particularly to retire, to beat the highs costs of living in California. That included the "undocumented" workers as well.

The next stop was Washington State ... except for the retirees who had "fixed" homes.

California tried to cut the benefits for lack of funding and it didn't pass the legislature, but the trust fund money will run out, if it hasn't already. Obaminable Care was supposed to be bailout for California's employee healthcare benefits, but the legislature had to approve it

That indirectly impacts Oregon..
Got my policy, cards and doctor. Same as before. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
And yet, you're still not cured. Even if you won the MegaMillions, all the doctors in Reacharound, TX couldn't put Assup Emeritus together again.
And yet, you're still not cured. Even if you won the MegaMillions, all the doctors in Reacharound, TX couldn't put Assup Emeritus together again. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Not covered. Genetic Abnormalities are "Acts of God"!
We'll never know the truth! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Why do you care, Medicare leech?
Why do you care, ... ? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I don't ....

.... YouRong: "and then I ate a burger at Nau's ENFIELD Drug ... which is in Clarksville"!!!

Clarksville
http://austintexas.gov/sites/default/files/files/Planning/Historic_Preservation/clarksville.pdf

And for those others who "don't care" ... Nau's ENFIELD Drug ... is located at the Southeast corner of 12th and West Lynn in Austin, Texas.

Absolute proof with a government document that YouRong is full of shit and makes it up.

As this mess spills over into 2014 ... and beyond ... I hope EVERYONE continues to focus on ...

.. the "deficiency" the "Affordable Care Act" was pitched and sold to cure ... and the REAL COST TO THE U.S.A.
  • CJ7
  • 12-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Cumulative Highlights for the period: October 1 – November 30
Marketplace Website and Call Center Activity
Visitors on the SBM and FFM websites: 39.1 million
• Calls to the SBM and FFM call centers: 5.2 million
Marketplace Applications and Applicants
Completed Applications submitted to the SBMs and FFM: 1.8 million
• Total Persons Applying for Coverage in Completed Applications submitted to the SBMs and FFM: 3.7 million
Marketplace Eligibility Determinations and Plan Selection
Total Persons Determined Eligible to Enroll in a Marketplace plan by the SBMs and FFM: 2.3 million
• Number of Eligible Persons who have Selected a Plan through the SBMs and FFM: nearly 365,000
Number of Eligible Persons who have Not Yet Selected a Marketplace Plan through the SBMs and FFM: 1.9 million
Total Persons Determined or Assessed Eligible for Medicaid/CHIP by the SBMs and FFM: over 803,000
• Number of Persons who have Selected a Marketplace Plan or had a Medicaid/CHIP Determination or Assessment: 1.2 million
Cumulative Highlights for the period: October 1 – November 30
Marketplace Website and Call Center Activity
Visitors on the SBM and FFM websites: 39.1 million
• Calls to the SBM and FFM call centers: 5.2 million
Marketplace Applications and Applicants
Completed Applications submitted to the SBMs and FFM: 1.8 million
• Total Persons Applying for Coverage in Completed Applications submitted to the SBMs and FFM: 3.7 million
Marketplace Eligibility Determinations and Plan Selection
Total Persons Determined Eligible to Enroll in a Marketplace plan by the SBMs and FFM: 2.3 million
• Number of Eligible Persons who have Selected a Plan through the SBMs and FFM: nearly 365,000
Number of Eligible Persons who have Not Yet Selected a Marketplace Plan through the SBMs and FFM: 1.9 million
Total Persons Determined or Assessed Eligible for Medicaid/CHIP by the SBMs and FFM: over 803,000
• Number of Persons who have Selected a Marketplace Plan or had a Medicaid/CHIP Determination or Assessment: 1.2 million
Originally Posted by CJ7
http://aspe.hhs.gov/health/reports/2...enrollment.pdf
So, the cut-off date was Dec 15 to enroll in a plan to have coverage Jan 1. What's the cut-off date now? I know Obama moved the date for which you needed to sign up so that you did not incur the tax penalty. What other dates did he move?

So approximately 365K people have signed up for an Obamacare plan thru Nov 30 but they may or may not have actually paid for any of it. Am I reading this correctly?

There's going to be a helluva a surge in order to make it to the 6 million enrollees for 2014. Lessee, its a week before Christmas, what's the average 25 yo male going to do...buy an insurance policy or the new XBox/PS4/iPad Retina?