Today was the 45th Anniversary of Kent State Riot: the day the '60s died.

Very sad day.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Kent State happened in 1970... I think the 60s were already over. You just can't help lying.
Kent State happened in 1970... I think the 60s were already over. You just can't help lying. Originally Posted by WombRaider

There's no lie but yours, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas, and you can't help but look like a stupid jackass, can you, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas?

"The Day the '60s Died"
There's no lie but yours, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas, and you can't help but look like a stupid jackass, can you, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas?

"The Day the '60s Died" Originally Posted by I B Hankering
So you're saying that somehow, the 60's didn't die on December 31, 1969, but survived until May 4 of the NEXT year, 1970, and then died?
So you're saying that somehow, the 60's didn't die on December 31, 1969, but survived until May 4 of the NEXT year, 1970, and then died? Originally Posted by WombRaider

You're the one who claims to be a professional writer, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas; so, look at what PBS did and figure it out for yourself.

"The Day the '60s Died"

You're the one who claims to be a professional writer, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas; so, look at what PBS did and figure it out for yourself.

"The Day the '60s Died" Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I'm still trying to see how a year actually lasts 17 months and not 12. If you're referring to the spirit of the 60's, everyone knows that died at Altamont in December of 1969.
I'm still trying to see how a year actually lasts 17 months and not 12. If you're referring to the spirit of the 60's, everyone knows that died at Altamont in December of 1969. Originally Posted by WombRaider
But then you are more stupid than most, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas.
I'm still trying to see how a year actually lasts 17 months and not 12. If you're referring to the spirit of the 60's, everyone knows that died at Altamont in December of 1969. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Quit being an idiot.
Quit being an idiot. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I'm not the one who started a thread called the day the 60's died about an event that took place well into 1970.
I'm not the one who started a thread called the day the 60's died about an event that took place well into 1970. Originally Posted by WombRaider
But you're still an idiot, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas.
  • Old-T
  • 05-05-2015, 06:24 AM
While I generally have no issues with gratuitously attacking IB, I have to admit in this case he makes a reasonable post and someone else goes off the deep end instead. I actually agree with IB and JD and COG on this original topic.

Altamont was nowhere near as significant an event to end the mood of the 60s.

Time to find the CSNY album and do some somber listening.
While I generally have no issues with gratuitously attacking IB, I have to admit in this case he makes a reasonable post and someone else goes off the deep end instead. I actually agree with IB and JD and COG on this original topic.

Altamont was nowhere near as significant an event to end the mood of the 60s.

Time to find the CSNY album and do some somber listening. Originally Posted by Old-T
+1
Around 4:00 a.m. on May 9 (five days after Kent State), President Nixon abruptly decided to surprise a group of anti war protesters gathered at the Lincoln Memorial.....surprising a few who were in sleeping bags on the floor of the memorial, Nixon explained " I know you, that probably most of you think I’m an SOB. But I want you to know that I understand just how you feel. My goals in Vietnam were the same as theirs — to stop the killing, to end the war, to bring peace. Our goal was not to get into Cambodia by what we were doing, but to get out of Vietnam."