Happy Confederate Heroes Day

On Jan. 19 annually, state workers in Texas get the day after Martin Luther King Jr. Day off, with pay, to celebrate “Confederate Heroes Day.” The state requires agencies to keep “skeleton crews” so that they are operational on the holiday, unlike some others, including MLK Day, when state officers are closed.

The holiday was created by Texas lawmakers in 1973 as the result of a consolidation of two previous holidays that celebrated Lee and Davis individually.

This is a very special day to celebrate! Its a remembrance of our fellow citizens in the South that fought for freedoms! Our Southern Pride and Southern Heritage will never be forgotten or abandoned!
HAS nothing to do with race!
I ain’t buying into that horse shit.

I’m an American, a citizen of The United States first, and a Texan second, and a Southerner 3d.

The Southern States were wrong. Every one of the States that seceded had as the primary reason keeping the institution of Slavery. No amount of revisionist history will change that.

It is a shame that so many young men in Gray had to die to protect an institution that the vast majority had nothing to do with.

To have any moral ground, the South should have freed the slaves, and THEN fired on Fort Sumpter.
In 1865, that flag meant something to those who rebelled against the United States and plunged the continent into Civil War. Not heroes. Traitors.

Ever since it's meant something else.

Today, it's a sign of white supremacy. We all know it.

And also this.
https://qz.com/1953366/decoding-the-...s-and-banners/

Most notably a central banner in the January 6 insurrection.

Not heroes. Traitors.
So Texas created a happy traitors day. Seems about par for the course down that way. If you can't win, just be proud of being a fucking loser. lol
So Texas created a happy traitors day. Seems about par for the course down that way. If you can't win, just be proud of being a fucking loser. lol Originally Posted by TechPapi
Oh, we win down here in the Great State. Just not much lately.
All the Southern States celebrate a Confederate heroes day.
Whether on General Lee's day or Jefferson Davis day. Or a combo. There are laws on the books sadly to erase this Memorial to such brave men!

Again! This day has NOTHING to do with slavery or race!
Not to me and mine! This is a day to celebrate our Southern pride and heritage! It is eroding away! Our borders are not secure. Big cities have rampant and outta control crime waves. Our youth are being taught one sided truths and lies.
Our moral compass has vanished! Call 'em old time values or common sense; but thats exactly what we must get back!
Folks injecting race into this have agendas!
Because our beloved flag has been falsely used does not mean its racist! Those groups and others fly the U S flag as well! You gonna condemn the U S flag now? I aint!

Long live our history and the Southern way of life!!!!!
Whether on General Lee's day or Jefferson Davis day. Or a combo. There are laws on the books sadly to erase this Memorial to such brave men!

Not to me and mine! This is a day to celebrate our Southern pride and heritage! It is eroding away! Our borders are not secure. Big cities have rampant and outta control crime waves. Our youth are being taught one sided truths and lies.
Our moral compass has vanished! Call 'em old time values or common sense; but thats exactly what we must get back!
Because our beloved flag has been falsely used does not mean its racist! Those groups and others fly the U S flag as well! You gonna condemn the U S flag now? I aint!

Long live our history and the Southern way of life!!!!! Originally Posted by winn dixie

I admire your willingness to sound completely stupid and pathetic. Please carry on.

Long live our history and the Southern way of life!!!!! Originally Posted by winn dixie
You don't have to fly the Stars and Bars to be a loyal Texan.

And "our Southern way of life" is a pretty funny euphemism, brother. /

I remember "our Southern way of life" growing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38ETQ1RYa_Q

LOLLING!
Never seen this on the news. Not even OAN.

Closest was when they pulled Robert E Lee statue down in SA for the wrong reasons.
Ah. The racist WD finally decided to show his true colors again. He’s played nice and dumb for a while now but we all knew he was gonna eventually revert to form. Happy Racists Day Winn.
I admire your willingness to sound completely stupid and pathetic. Please carry on. Originally Posted by TechPapi
... And if anyone would know about being stupid
and pathetic - it'd surely be YOU, mate.

Thanks for posting!

#### Salty
... And if anyone would know about being stupid
and pathetic - it'd surely be YOU, mate.

Thanks for posting!

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Of course I would. You create such a public and clear example with your fake pirate speak bullshit and feeble minded posts. Wonder what life is like for a truck driver that lives on a hooker board all day...nah. I don't really wonder that.

Thanks for proving my point. Now I know you're just refreshing the page all the time, so quick! Reply back so I can laugh some more.
I now only see confederate flags and shirts at Trump rallies or when his cult is storming the capitol on TV.

I think most people are intelligent enough to know what it represents or maybe I'm missing something and black people wear confederate flag shirts too on the down low.
... Hmmmm... NO confederate flags over Texas-way at all?
Are you certain, mate?

#### Salty
Sure, there are in Texas. but I live in DFW. I don't live in a small hick town full of stupid rednecks, so I don't see them here.