Why didn’t Ginsburg and/or Breyer retire sooner so that Obama could appoint their replacements?

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/06/28/didnt-ginsburg-breyer-retire-sooner-obama-appoint-replacements/

answer: Senator Reid and Senator Shumer badly miscalculated!!! some tatical leaders dems got.

People are realizing today that Trump’s opportunity to replace Kennedy is the product of multiple Democratic miscalculations, starting with Harry Reid nuking the filibuster for lower-court nominees five years ago and continuing through Chuck Schumer’s decision last year to filibuster Gorsuch with no hope of success. Both errors were egged on by the Democratic base.

and of course, there's the that Hillary was overwhelmingly the heavy favorite to win.

I don't like McConnell, but I have to say he has is a master politcal tactican, he has outfoxed Reid & Shumer.

bahhaaaaaa!!!!! (patented Waco Kid laugh)
I have to agree that Ginsberg and Breyer incorrectly assumed that Hillary would be in office until 2024 and that they would retire during her administration ..... fortunately the gods (and the voters) intervened and obliterated Hillary's dreams into a billion tiny pieces .....and no, don't get me started on that "Hillary won 3 and a half million more votes than Trump did" crap .....
To answer your question: ego.

But the reality of this is Hillary would have likely appointed better SCOTUS judges than Obama. We can't have anymore "wise latinas" on that bench.
To answer your question: ego.

But the reality of this is Hillary would have likely appointed better SCOTUS judges than Obama. We can't have anymore "wise latinas" on that bench. Originally Posted by gnadfly

how did the wise latina sotomayer get on the bench in the first place!

prime definition of coo coo hack
I agree. Nobody, and I mean Nobody, figured anybody except Hillary Clinton was going to follow President Obama as POTUS.

Ain't it hilarious.
OBama did enough damage to this country. Fuck him.
Funny how SCOTUS is not supposed to be political. The lifetime appointment is to shield them from political repercussion for their decisions on the bench. Instead they use the lifetime appointment to manipulate who picks their replacement.

Those to old fuckers will stay until Trump is out of office.
The Progressives are frantics that abortion is going away. Hurry up and get yer abortions now.
I agree. Nobody, and I mean Nobody, figured anybody except Hillary Clinton was going to follow President Obama as POTUS.

Ain't it hilarious. Originally Posted by Jackie S
IBD and The LA Times had it figured out....
The Progressives are frantics that abortion is going away. Hurry up and get yer abortions now. Originally Posted by gnadfly
one liberal woman reporter said something like lack of more abortions is the cause of more mass shootings
Would anything have changed if those 2 retired...Obama would have still nominated far right candidates and the balance would have remained the same.

Like another posted...EGO!
EGO , and libertarts think they live forever LOL
https://hotair.com/archives/2018/06/28/didnt-ginsburg-breyer-retire-sooner-obama-appoint-replacements/

answer: Senator Reid and Senator Shumer badly miscalculated!!! some tatical leaders dems got.

People are realizing today that Trump’s opportunity to replace Kennedy is the product of multiple Democratic miscalculations, starting with Harry Reid nuking the filibuster for lower-court nominees five years ago and continuing through Chuck Schumer’s decision last year to filibuster Gorsuch with no hope of success. Both errors were egged on by the Democratic base.

and of course, there's the that Hillary was overwhelmingly the heavy favorite to win.

I don't like McConnell, but I have to say he has is a master political tactician, he has outfoxed Reid & Shumer.

bahhaaaaaa!!!!! (patented Waco Kid laugh) Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

fixed a coupe of typos. i do that because i'm not a big fan of loading up posts with emojis. And assup let slip he finds it annoying.

BAHAHAAAAAAAA

i'm from Kentucky and people have been trying to get Mitch out of office forever. every time he's up for re-election, "Ditch Mitch" bumper stickers and signs appear all over the State. the Liberals haven't succeeded yet.

Mitch hasn't been a Senator for as along as he has without learning about how the game is played.

Mitch may not be a true supporter of all things Trump, but he said it best during the Republican primaries. "He got the most votes".

McConnell will support Trump as a Republican President. it's that simple. and McConnell can be a big asset to Trump and Trump knows it.

So they'll generally work together for the good of the Republicans.

let's look forward to 2020. this time, Trump should have the full support of the RNC and all Republicans, unlike 2016. He won despite lackluster support. Kasich didn't help one bit and yet Trump took Ohio.

He should run unopposed for the nomination. oh some hothead like Cruz might try to run, but he'll get nowhere. Rubio? bahhahahahaha!!!!

as i recall, no one dared run against Obama in the 2012 cycle. not even Hillary. Obama was smart to make her Sec. of State. what's that old saying? "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer".

If the Republican party does not put their full unfettered might behind Trump's re-election bid in 2020, then they risk losing the White House to a Democrat. that should be unthinkable to the RNC.
Maybe they retired now because they had ethics and had enough of this trump shit. Why would anyone with integrity put up with him? The worst at keeping people to service him. If his "people" are not under investigation they are just stupid to continue to serve him lol
Maybe they retired now because they had ethics and had enough of this trump shit. Why would anyone with integrity put up with him? The worst at keeping people to service him. If his "people" are not under investigation they are just stupid to continue to serve him lol Originally Posted by Tsmokies
you are an idiot. but we knew that. if they had "ethics" against Trump they would have stayed on the court on life support if needed to keep Trump from appointing another Justice.