Seriously, how old are we?

While just becoming registered here on eccie, I have noticed a few things: People are rude, mean, hateful, the attitude here is so elementary, and more than I would have like to take notice to people here are just plain "DISRESPECTFUL" for no reason at all! But why?
I mean if you're gonna trust someone to be in your company while you are in one of your most vulnerable moments wouldn't you want them to have a respectful character and to be a gentleman?
But I've noticed some of the women here are co-signing the men disrespectful comments and remarks and I am just so blown away because is the money that good and/or that important to you that you're going to tolerate that type of behavior? Why stroke an ego of a person like that?
I guess a lot of guys won't be seeing me; because I'm going to take your character here on the board as the person you truly are. And I can't stand disrespectful and hateful people.
I guess this is my welcome to eccie.
I try to be nice here just for that reason, it's hard to read a sarcasm.

The short answer: There's no 'real' repercussion to being disrespectful to someone here.

Alternative/Joke reason since you mentioned money:
Exactly! Because a lady like me don't take politely to sarcasm. Especially through written text...
Lmao! Theory!!! So TRUE!
Originally Posted by FunInDFW
While just becoming registered here on eccie, I have noticed a few things: People are rude, mean, hateful, the attitude here is so elementary, and more than I would have like to take notice to people here are just plain "DISRESPECTFUL" for no reason at all! But why?
I mean if you're gonna trust someone to be in your company while you are in one of your most vulnerable moments wouldn't you want them to have a respectful character and to be a gentleman?
But I've noticed some of the women here are co-signing the men disrespectful comments and remarks and I am just so blown away because is the money that good and/or that important to you that you're going to tolerate that type of behavior? Why stroke an ego of a person like that?
I guess a lot of guys won't be seeing me; because I'm going to take your character here on the board as the person you truly are. And I can't stand disrespectful and hateful people.
I guess this is my welcome to eccie.
Originally Posted by Keisha Cummings
Unfortunately, you are right. Most of the members who are frequent posters in the Dallas forums at least, are arrogant, condescending and many have vendettas and agendas. Most of what they say is no more than theorized opinions (usually to further those agendas) with no real proof to either try to make themselves look good or someone else look bad. BTW, the few things you have noticed is not even the tip of the iceberg! There is nothing wrong with giving your opinion as that is what this site is all about, but when EVERYTHING you say is negative, then it might be time to turn off that computer. Eccie is some of the members' only means of outside contact and socializing.

Eccie is good for some info, but the grade school drama (attempt to bully, insults and rude comments) is more prevalent than anything else, even with providers, hence why less than 5% of them post anything other than ads. Just goes to show you what you may deal with seeing them in person, but many act an ass on the internet and then are at least cordial to extremely nice in person, at least we can hope.

By the way, welcome to Eccie!
People are emboldened by the anonymity. Men that would cower and run in public are suddenly crude, loud-mouthed jerks. Good manners...nope. Welcome to the internet.
Yes, I guess most just got to be seen or heard. I've noticed more irrelevant rude statements here than more relevant and useful informative comments. Smh!
  • L.A.
  • 04-29-2015, 11:24 AM
That's just about any internet message board these days.......it's a product of the times.
It is what it is (I hate that saying and now I'm using it) and not much can be done about it except to control your own posting style.
On the other hand use it to your advantage as a free, fast , easy screening tool.
Most of the members who are frequent posters in the Dallas forums at least, are arrogant, condescending and many have vendettas and agendas. Originally Posted by davidfree986
Oh! The irony . . .
About 90% of it is your interpretation of it, how you read the text makes up a lot of how you perceive things to be. Text is always subject to interpretation of the reader. Yes some people do tend to get emotional about their postings while other are simply looking to express themselves which is what the core of these web boards are all about.

The big thing here is don't take this shit too serious, you'll enjoy it tons more than the opposite demonstrated in postings not too far from this one.
I suspect in real life most folks aren't the way they appear to be here. I know most of the women I've met who have displayed strong personalities online aren't nearly as hard-ass in person (though they definitely can bring it BCD!).

I would take what you read here with a grain of salt, as most aren't intentionally trying to be assholes. Sometimes it's just a spur-of-the-moment reaction that they don't check before they hit the "submit" button.
don't ever post on 4chan...if you wanna see mean comments well...this is nothing compared to 4chan.
don't ever post on 4chan...if you wanna see mean comments well...this is nothing compared to 4chan. Originally Posted by Angel Ryder81
A 4chan mention on Eccie?! From a provider no less!?!?

Ugh.. someone teach me how to internet. Was trying to post a You Tube vid here....