The Second American Civil War is here

This morning the rat Michael Cohen's lawyer, also the Clinton's long time lawyer Lanny Davis claimed that Trump must be impeached because he "directed" his personal lawyer to commit illegal acts, to wit: campaign finance violations in the form of two payments.

Okay so Lanny Davis is a lawyer? He's supposed to be Michael Cohen's lawyer?

As Michael Cohen's lawyer his duty is to represent Michael Cohen, NOT to advocate for the impeachment of any President. Therefore bias, as is, he has displayed clearly that his representation of Mr.Cohen is in bad faith and intended to pursue a political agenda in leiu of representing a criminal Defendant.

But what about his claim that Trump "directed" his own attorney, Michael Cohen, to make two prohibited campaign contributions?

This of course is ridiculous, laughable. No client ever "instructs" his lawyer to do anything illegal. If I told my lawyer that I knew that the Chase Bank Branch down the road held 20 million in cash today and I "instructed" him to go hold up the bank and bring the money to me he would hardly do it.

No lawyer takes illegal "instructions" from a client. It is the role of the lawyer to instruct the client as to what is legal and what is not. If a lawyer knows that something his client has asked him to do is illegal he informs his client of such and then does not perform that act.

Cohen's claim that he was only an employee in some fashion and not Trump's lawyer is absurd. What obviously really happened is that it was Cohen who formulated the plan, failed to inform his client of it's illegality and risks, and then implimented it. Now he is claiming that it's was Trump's idea and that somehow he was influenced to perform what he knew was an illegal couple of acts. He has no explanation as to why or how.

The fact is that every Presidental campaign has scores of illegal campaign contributions. After every campaign hundreds or thousands of these acts are settled because those committing them didn't know they were illegal and the campaigns do not have the resources to vet each and every contribution.

Campaign violations are inconsiderate legally, and do not constitute any serious acts.

That Lanny Davis should now claim that such rises to the level of impeachable acts malicious, untrue, and seeks to overturn a valid election and destroy our Republic and democracy using improper means and malicious intentions.

As for Manefort he must be pardoned. Trump has little choice. Mueller had no jurisdiction to try him for tax evasion or exaggerating his assets on a bank loan. Those are regular and routine small acts committing by borrowers and people making income overseas every day and are usually not prosecuted but settled by the IRS when they become aware of them.

Mueller's scope was ONLY to bring charges related to illegal conspiracies with foreign powers and NOT tax evasion and exaggerating one's income on a bank loan application.

The War is on.

What is at stake here is our ability to elect the candidates we wish to elect.

We cannot let our political opponents overturn elections by misusing the criminal and penal codes.

In 2000 I was opposed to the Supreme Court when it improperly gave the election to George W. Bush, and because they committed that improper act we got the wrong President and the world has paid with blood and death the world over a million times over.

Now the Left is doing the same thing, and for the same reasons.

ps..
Manefort only did what Apple and all other corporations do openly all the time. When Apple makes profits overseas and keeps them in foreign accounts they do not pay taxes on them to the IRS. But when an individual makes income overseas they do not have that right. Because they are an individual and not a company they must not only declare the income made overseas but must pay tax on it to the IRS EVEN IF THEY NEVER BRING THE MONEY BACK TO THE US.

This is why most Americans who make income overseas never declare it and hide it offshore as Manefort was caught doing.

Everyone does it because the tax laws are unjust.
Pussycat,

At the end of the day, this falls at the presidents' doorstep because he hired these people.

As much as Conseratives are "appalled" at Obama and made his life in the presidency one of the most obstructed in his time as a two term leader, they should be disgusted with the fact that numerous people close to Chump are not only been indicted but are being found guilty amongst a jury of their peers for crimes committed.

Obama had his faults especially on international affairs regarding guns and the drone program but this is getting outrageous.
Pussycat,

At the end of the day, this falls at the presidents' doorstep because he hired these people.

As much as Conseratives are "appalled" at Obama and made his life in the presidency one of the most obstructed in his time as a two term leader, they should be disgusted with the fact that numerous people close to Chump are not only been indicted but are being found guilty amongst a jury of their peers for crimes committed.

Obama had his faults especially on international affairs regarding guns and the drone program but this is getting outrageous. Originally Posted by Agent220
Agent-
While you have a point at face value, and I am not taking that away. With all things being equal, there is an inherent bias and guttural hatred of Trump. Additionally, if you are with Trump you are a Nazi and a Fascist, that being a predominant view right now.

That being said, would you not agree that the deck is stacked against Trump thereby leading into these convictions, guilty findings?

D
The law is pretty clear. And so are the Ten Commandments.

The majority of America is against Trump and his gang. The majority of voting Americans selected someone else.

I do not feel sorry for him. The more he whines, rages and attacks, the less sympathy I feel.

Manefort only did what Apple and all other corporations do openly all the time. When Apple makes profits overseas and keeps them in foreign accounts they do not pay taxes on them to the IRS. But when an individual makes income overseas they do not have that right. Because they are an individual and not a company they must not only declare the income made overseas but must pay tax on it to the IRS EVEN IF THEY NEVER BRING THE MONEY BACK TO THE US.

This is why most Americans who make income overseas never declare it and hide it offshore as Manefort was caught doing.

Everyone does it because the tax laws are unjust. Originally Posted by pussycat

This is the kind of statement that really pisses me off. The vast majority of US Citizens pay their taxes on time and in full. Just because you can criminally hide your income from the IRS doesn't mean that you shouldn't go to jail for it.

If you don't like our tax code we should try to elect some representatives that
1: Avoid taking money from corporations and big money donors.
2: Put the ordinary citizen ahead of corporate interests.
3: Have the courage to raise taxes on the rich and the poor.
4: Have the courage to cut expenses while raising revenue.

The only way we can solve many of our issues is to have reasonable discussions about policy and be willing to do things that are politically bad for both sides, both cut spending and raise taxes. Any politician that would do that is one that I would respect.
The Ten Commandments - really Yussup - did you forget you are on a hooker board? Anyway, I'm not worried.

The majority of America is against Trump and his gang. The majority of voting Americans selected someone else.

I do not feel sorry for him. The more he whines, rages and attacks, the less sympathy I feel. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

I do not feel sorry for him. The more he whines, rages and attacks, the less sympathy I feel. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
25% of Americans supported Nixon even after he resigned. Sen. Joe McCarthy garnered 34% support after the "have you no decency" speech against him in the HUAC hearings. Just goes to show you that unless you are Jeffrey Dahmer, a public person is pretty much guaranteed about 30% popular support as a base minimum.

They way Trump is going (and to any centrist like myself, much of his travails are self inflicted) he is most likely a one and done. Right there with Carter and GHWB... both very honorable men but not great POTUS.

We shall see.
EagleEye
Interesting point.
D
  • Old-T
  • 08-23-2018, 04:08 PM
25% of Americans supported Nixon even after he resigned. Sen. Joe McCarthy garnered 34% support after the "have you no decency" speech against him in the HUAC hearings. Just goes to show you that unless you are Jeffrey Dahmer, a public person is pretty much guaranteed about 30% popular support as a base minimum.

They way Trump is going (and to any centrist like myself, much of his travails are self inflicted) he is most likely a one and done. Right there with Carter and GHWB... both very honorable men but not great POTUS.

We shall see. Originally Posted by EagleEye
Well said.
I like to ask all the trump supporters ... iIS MEXICO GOING TO PAY FOR THAT WALL AND IF NOT WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN OR THAT LIE WAS OK Z
I like to ask all the trump supporters ... iIS MEXICO GOING TO PAY FOR THAT WALL AND IF NOT WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN OR THAT LIE WAS OK Z Originally Posted by hunglowandbig
It was a wonderful campaign promise that sat well with Trump loyalists. Now that U.S. taxpayers are being asked to come up with approximately $20 billion for funding the wall, that campaign promise has been conveniently forgotten. No impact on the votes from the Trump base.
Pussycat,

... Originally Posted by Agent220
Been told you are usually like the people you hang around with.....

Agent-
While you have a point at face value, and I am not taking that away. With all things being equal, there is an inherent bias and guttural hatred of Trump. Additionally, if you are with Trump you are a Nazi and a Fascist, that being a predominant view right now.

That being said, would you not agree that the deck is stacked against Trump thereby leading into these convictions, guilty findings?

D Originally Posted by DragonX
Is that the common or electoral majority?

This is the kind of statement that really pisses me off. The vast majority of US Citizens pay their taxes on time and in full. Just because you can criminally hide your income from the IRS doesn't mean that you shouldn't go to jail for it.

If you don't like our tax code we should try to elect some representatives that
1: Avoid taking money from corporations and big money donors.
2: Put the ordinary citizen ahead of corporate interests.
3: Have the courage to raise taxes on the rich and the poor.
4: Have the courage to cut expenses while raising revenue.

The only way we can solve many of our issues is to have reasonable discussions about policy and be willing to do things that are politically bad for both sides, both cut spending and raise taxes. Any politician that would do that is one that I would respect. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
It would be so nice if the tax codes were streamlined.
That is one thing I don't think both sides of the isle (sp) will agree on.

We shall see. Originally Posted by EagleEye
Nixon was able to come back to the light by being seen as an experienced elder statesman. If was a bad time for the USA and he definitely was exposed as a crook despite hit protestations. I could respect the guy in hindsight.
Funny you should mention McCarthy. Look at how history has treated him. Especially his right hand man at the time of the red scare: Cohen. They richly deserve the reputation they have. And as I stated above about being like the people you associate with.....Look at who Trump considered a buddy. The same Cohen. Not the one that took a deal of late.

I like to ask all the trump supporters ... iIS MEXICO GOING TO PAY FOR THAT WALL AND IF NOT WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN OR THAT LIE WAS OK Z Originally Posted by hunglowandbig
It was a wonderful campaign promise that sat well with Trump loyalists. Now that U.S. taxpayers are being asked to come up with approximately $20 billion for funding the wall, that campaign promise has been conveniently forgotten. No impact on the votes from the Trump base. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I think that Ellen secretly doesn't want Mexico to pay for the Wall. It would stop all these threads she likes to stir the pot in.
I believe 3 things:

1. Our justice system is not rigged. Our justice system statistically has more Rs than Ds in it, but regardless, everyone involved in it strives towards blind justice.

2. If I told you that Candidate X committed campaign finance violations to cover up his infidelity a month before an election he won by 73,000 votes in three states, you would have a problem with that.

3. When/If Trump is indicted or impeached, or hell, even loses a Congressional majority or two in November and tells all his followers "OK, now THIS is Russian interference! They're trying to unlawfully remove your Dear Leader!"....all those rural Texas Trumpers are going to descend on the seat of government - Austin - with anger and guns and something bad is going to happen.

I don't know if it will be a Civil War, although like I just said, I suppose that's more up to the angry people with guns than anyone else. But this is not a North/South issue, it's a Urban/Rural issue - which doesn't seem to lend itself well to a war.

Speaking as a white person, white people just need to come to terms with the fact that it may have been their country at one point, but now it's everyone's country. And that means black people in your parks and schools, Tejano music blaring in Iowa, and queer people all up in your business. If we can accept that unavoidable reality, we can get through this with minimal bloodshed.
Agent-

D Originally Posted by DragonX
When a guy says that white nationalists are "fine people", peacefully protesting athletes to find a new way to protest as well as call them sons of bitches, it's not bias rather "Are you serious!!!?"

If there is seriously one thing I wish white people understand as a black man is that when those that say find a different way to protest, what about Chicago it says to me that you don't care and it's a juxtaposition of the narrative.

I'm simply at the point where I can say, I'm not afraid of Klan because Klan let's you know where they stand but people in power positions like hiring managers, banksters, the justice system and 3% of bad police scare me.
I believe 3 things:

1. Our justice system is not rigged. Our justice system statistically has more Rs than Ds in it, but regardless, everyone involved in it strives towards blind justice.

Speaking as a white person, white people just need to come to terms with the fact that it may have been their country at one point, but now it's everyone's country. And that means black people in your parks and schools, Tejano music blaring in Iowa, and queer people all up in your business. If we can accept that unavoidable reality, we can get through this with minimal bloodshed. Originally Posted by Eros418
The justice system may not be rigged in theory though in actual practice, there is high levels of bias in criminal justice from the attorney you have, the type of judge you have and a statistic that minorities serve 20% longer sentences than whites even with a similar criminal history.

This new phase of racially motivated calls for the police for stupid stuff has got to stop before someome dies by a cop or even worse, a person in need of actual help is killed by the police.