Damn Censorship is real....

Wow, I posted a political meme and the thread got locked before I could respond. Can someone tell me what's up with that?
Someone please tell her....
Wow, I posted a political meme and the thread got locked before I could respond. Can someone tell me what's up with that? Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Oh that's an easy one. Mollie's family asked that Trump and his supporters to please quit using her murder as a political talking point. I would like to think that they at least deserve that, don't you???

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/moll...192142605.html

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...rative-716255/

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/08/...ily-statement/

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/...n-rivera-trump

http://time.com/5376596/mollie-tibbe...oliticization/
Add rudeness and accusation to it, and there you go.

If you didn't know better, you do now.
  • Old-T
  • 08-28-2018, 05:20 PM
Ellen, it was up four days, reasonable time for comments. I suspect it did generate the kind of comments you could reasonable suspect, and I also suspect that if you looked at it objectively you know it was not "censored", but closed because it got hostile.
During the Chick Fillet anti homosexual debacle, my then high school honors student child and fellow student friends decided to stage a peaceful protest outside our then one and only Chick Fillet, which was located in a smallish and very conservative town.

Someone walked into the Chick Fillet, and loudly suggested that he wished he had brought his gun, so as to mow down all the pesky kids holding their fairy signage out. After all, as a pro gun advocate he did not think that my child who was only seeking to show respect for my gay sister and my child's beloved aunt have a voice.

How would you react if your child told you that a pro conservative wished them dead for their opinion? Sure, it was a joke. A sick joke if you ask me. I swear if I had been present and heard for myself, I would now be in prison charged with manslaughter. All of the kids went on to graduate from top rated college honors programs. A full ride academic scholarship in the case of my kid.

My kid, now a very hetro sexual adult in a loving relationship, just returned from working overseas. Managed an office that gives refugees free classes to assimilate. Headed by an American female expat married to a high ranking judge. I did not raise a scumbag and I definitely did not raise a conservative. But a conservative wished all of those kids dead, simply because he did not agree with them.

My kid told me that they got the most approval, honks and waves from black people. Black people who understood oppression and gave their support for such. Because they knew what is like to be treated like shit by conservative zealots who don't believe that anyone has rights except for them.
You got the same treatment as Trump when asked the reason why the flag wasn't at half staff.

Except the prez knew enough to park a little of his ego.

Learn by the guy you say you love in office.
Thank you all for your comments. Old T is right - it got hostile. My apologies.
During the Chick Fillet anti homosexual debacle, my then high school honors student child and fellow student friends decided to stage a peaceful protest outside our then one and only Chick Fillet, which was located in a smallish and very conservative town.

Someone walked into the Chick Fillet, and loudly suggested that he wished he had brought his gun, so as to mow down all the pesky kids holding their fairy signage out. After all, as a pro gun advocate he did not think that my child who was only seeking to show respect for my gay sister and my child's beloved aunt have a voice.

How would you react if your child told you that a pro conservative wished them dead for their opinion? Sure, it was a joke. A sick joke if you ask me. I swear if I had been present and heard for myself, I would now be in prison charged with manslaughter. All of the kids went on to graduate from top rated college honors programs. A full ride academic scholarship in the case of my kid.

My kid, now a very hetro sexual adult in a loving relationship, just returned from working overseas. Managed an office that gives refugees free classes to assimilate. Headed by an American female expat married to a high ranking judge. I did not raise a scumbag and I definitely did not raise a conservative. But a conservative wished all of those kids dead, simply because he did not agree with them.

My kid told me that they got the most approval, honks and waves from black people. Black people who understood oppression and gave their support for such. Because they knew what is like to be treated like shit by conservative zealots who don't believe that anyone has rights except for them. Originally Posted by cinderbella
Your child sounds like a lovely person. Nice story to share.

EW
Until the next outburst...
Thank you all for your comments. Old T is right - it got hostile. My apologies. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
it got slightly hostile, but not enough to have it shut down even by the new ECCIE standards. I think it had a lot more to do with it being inappropriate than anything
You're right. Upon hindsight it was also inappropriate.
Whatever you do, don’t boycott PTerry’s!
Whatever you do, don’t boycott PTerry’s! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Or Perry's.
Whatever you do, don’t boycott PTerry’s! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Or Perry's.