Texas Longhorns Football

Feels awesome to finally being back!
Definitely not the start I was expecting, I hope they turn it around. I saw encouragement last season, so far not so much this year.
4 and 8 is in the future! all that is different from last year is that they do not have Dickson the punter
Oklahoma is building the shed in Dallas we speak.
What I don't understand is how James Franklin went from Vanderbilt to Penn St and returned them to a national power in one year, scandal, scholarship restrictions and all.
Texas has paid Bald Charlie Strong and Mensa Tom Herman 5 million a year for 5 years and we don't have shit to show for it.
Texas could have had Nick Saban when they hired Strong but Deloss Dodds and the school president at that time didn't like Saban even though he's never been caught in a recruiting scandal. Saban may be a Dick with a capital D but he wins, and that's something that hasn't happened at Texas for some time.
Meanwhile Charlie Strong moved on to USF and the team went 10-2 last year and finished the season ranked #21. 2-0 this year.
The problem is Texas football is a corporation. It has to be run that way. Mack did a great job in this. He hired very good assistants, was a great recruiter, and could handle all the BS with Alumni. Charlie was a good coach, could not run a corporation. We shall see.
I'm not a UT fan but y'alls coach needs a better offensive coordinator. The current one hates calling plays. Silliest thing I ever heard and I interned for a D1 program.
The opening game may be a harbinger for the future. The win in Game #2 seems great, but Texas did NOT play well and U of Tulsa is not what many in the Big 12 would consider to be a competitive football program. UT barely pulled out a win.

UT traditionally seeks out a couple of pansy schools to start the season so there "powerhouse" team can have some easy wins to pad their record. We may see this sad performance trend continue--$5M/yr could be better spent.

Please note that the U of Tulsa is a small college which has less than 4000 undergraduate students and the toughest competitor on their schedule is Arkansas and maybe Navy???
Honestly I think the close win over Tulsa is even more disturbing than losing to Maryland. They were a few minutes and a few points from being 9-3 last year instead of 6-6. So far this is a step back. I am a former college football player, small college, and I can tell you it ain't easy! But I also always say Texas SHOULD BE what Alabama IS! We will see!
Beating a top 200 ranked team should give us some momentum
Y’all suck
As much $ that’s sunk into the tu program and you can only beat a division 2 school by 7!
Y’all suck
As much $ that’s sunk into the tu program and you can only beat a division 2 school by 7! Originally Posted by popser
Actually Tulsa is in the Division I Football Bowl Subdivision just like the University of Texas - Austin. Both schools are allowed a maximum of 85 athletes on scholarship so the number of students at a school is irrelevant to success on the field.

On the other hand, yes, UT should be able to attract many more highly ranked players than Tulsa and beat the crap out of them. They didn't, which does not bode well for UT.
Best UT performance in a long time.
Take things in perspective. Ut beat a way over ranked team that had a freshman qb . The horns did not even gain 400 yds. of offense! They still did not tackle well, let receivers get behind them and still did not have a 100 yd rusher or a 300 yd passer. A win is a win, but this team will struggle to be 500 this year.