Impeach Kavanaugh!

I'm a strong Trump supporter but this time Trump is aligned with all the worst, most dishonest and venal members of the Republican party - Graham, McConnell, and everyone in that party who has been opposed to Trump all along. When Trump got the nomination he compromised with these creeps by telling them that if they layed off and accepted him that he would give them the SC nominees they wanted and they would have to accept his positions on trade and immigration (which otherwise they were set to oppose). That was the deal. That's how we got Goresuch and now Kavanaugh. Those idiots are not the choices he wanted. He was stuck with a list given to him by Lindsay Graham and his creepy friends.

So now Kavanaugh has turned out to be a liar under oath. Forget about his denials over Dr.Ford. That's not an issue. The problem is that while in the W. Bush White House he supported torture, illegal rendition, gutting privacy laws, total surveillance of everyone, and every aspect of the Patriot Act...and then in his hearings he lied about all of it. He's a liar, pure a simple. Remember also that he's the partisan asshole who drafted the Starr Report in 1998 seeking to remove Bill Clinton from office based on his perjury about Monica Lewinsky. His prior appointment for his current judge position was held up for years because he was seen as clearly biased. And his bitterness and partisan zeal is now again clearly seen in his disgraceful rant in his hearing.

Legions of people who partied with him in the past have said he lied in his hearings testimony and none of these people have been interviewed by the FBI. Not one. The charges against him about perjury have not been investigated although scores of witnesses have begged to come forward and give testimony.

This has created the totally unprecidented situation where now the American Bar Association has WITHDRAWN THEIR SUPPORT for his confirmation.

When he is confirmed he will be the first and only person who has done so against the recommendation of the American Bar Association, and that's because other lawyers (not politicians) now clearly see that he's a liar under oath.

When the Dems take back the House next year they will surely impeach him. Given that the ABA and other lawyers now agree that he's committed serial perjury about his drinking problems as well as his prior actions in the Bush White House the Dems will have no choice but the impeach him.

The Republicans will claim that it's all about Dr.Ford, and try to impeach and smear her, but it's not about that. That matter is just one small issue in a much larger pattern of dishonesty and prevarication by a guy who has sought to advance himself through the Starr debacle, and then by advocating for war crimes and the elimination of all privacy in the first months of the "war on terror."

He's a lying sack of shit.
The impeachment of Judge K. will need a 2/3 rds. vote to impeach. That will never happen. The best man won. Before we ever get to that point the truth should come out and Difi and the Clintons will be in jail for this whole charade...
I'm a strong Trump supporter too. However, if the dems would of gone to Trump a couple of weeks before hand and said we think this candidate (whoever) would be better - Trump would of done it. Now this is what they got and they deserve it. They tried to blow smoke up American's asses by false allegations by some idiotic left wing bitch and it didn't work. Americans are too smart for that kind of bullshit.
What it did do was energize the Republican base to come out and vote so this shit does not happen to their husbands,sons,nephews,ect. To make baseless accusations against someone is not the American way.
Merrick Garland would of been the better choice.
They fucked up by making this a #MeToo battle and they have now weakened the MeToo movement ... which is not a bad thing.
This has created the totally unprecidented situation where now the American Bar Association has WITHDRAWN THEIR SUPPORT for his confirmation. Originally Posted by pussycat
Actually, it was just the left-leaning president of the association with that opinion. The ABA itself did not change their position.

Could Trump have gotten someone who wasn't so entrenched in DC politics and had less questionable positions on civil liberties? Sure. I'm hoping when RBG leaves SCOTUS, POTUS will get someone outside the DC beltway who will have less of that stain on their record. However, this witch hunt would have been rewarded if he wasn't confirmed. Then, any of those better candidates would have been put through the same wringer or worse. Without being melodramatic, this vote to confirm helped save the confirmation process itself.
They fucked up by making this a #MeToo battle and they have now weakened the MeToo movement ... which is not a bad thing. Originally Posted by Raikage
The Dems had a strong chance to retake the House and a fair chance for the Senate before all of this. Now, I'd highly surprised if they got the Senate (and I'd be less shocked if the GOP didn't extend control of the Senate to at least 55 seats), and it's gotta be a toss-up now for control of the House. This was the absolute worst strategy they could have implemented right before an election.
... However, if the dems would of gone to Trump a couple of weeks before hand and said we think this candidate (whoever) would be better - Trump would of done it.
... Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Nope.

Merrick Garland would of been the better choice. Originally Posted by Agent220
If the believe of the OP on the first quote was true, he'd be in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWQWTzyn06M

This deserves a rewatch in light of current events.
Wrong, geez... she’s lying, plain and simple... there is no way she would have forgotten any of the details if this was true. I guarantee the experts know she was lying too, trying to take down a highly qualified person with nothing but lies... Democrats have lost their way!!!!!!!!
Also, did you notice how basically that NYT piece on how Trump's father transferred money and assets to Trump over decades to avoid estate taxes basically evaporated over the heat and distraction of the Kavanaugh hearings? Do the Dems have any ammo left for the GOP before the mid-terms, save some hail-mary Mueller report? Trump is going to barnstorm like he did the last weeks of the 2016 cycle. He also has the IG looking at those FISA warrant documents, and I gotta think they are going to drop soon before early voting is in full swing.
I'm a strong Trump supporter too. However, if the dems would of gone to Trump a couple of weeks before hand and said we think this candidate (whoever) would be better - Trump would of done it. Now this is what they got and they deserve it. They tried to blow smoke up American's asses by false allegations by some idiotic left wing bitch and it didn't work. Americans are too smart for that kind of bullshit.
What it did do was energize the Republican base to come out and vote so this shit does not happen to their husbands,sons,nephews,ect. To make baseless accusations against someone is not the American way. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen

I find your viewpoint interesting. A person with impeccable credentials, Christine Blasey Ford, comes forward with claims she was sexually assaulted by Judge Kavanaugh. She actually came forward BEFORE President Trump nominated Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. She wanted to stay anonymous and passed a lie detector test with a former FBI agent.

In my opinion, proper procedure was followed. Ford and Kavanaugh presented their cases before a Senate committee and when it was a he-said, she-said outcome a Republican Senator, Jeff Flake, asked that the FBI do a further investigation and that was done. No corroboration for Dr. Ford could be found by the FBI and since we believe in innocent until proven guilty, Judge Kavanaugh was given the benefit of doubt and confirmed. The system worked!

So now people like you are calling Dr. Ford names like an "idiotic left wing bitch". You've been following the commentary on the national political forum and she's been called a lot worse there. There is absolutely no proof Dr. Ford is lying. Most people believe she was attacked and sexually assaulted in 1982. It could have been Judge Kavanaugh. It could have been someone else. Dr. Ford did what she believed was her "civic duty" and people on the right are unjustly condemning her. Is that, as you put it. the "American way"?

Congratulations to Judge Kavanaugh. I differ with what I believe his feelings will be on several issues but I hope he will be fair.
This is what the left did for women.
You conveniently avoided responding to any of my points. I believe Kavanaugh was given due process. You and others are not doing the same for Ford. Guilty until proven innocent for Ford.

As to the impact of this on the November elections -- a meme by someone named Candace Owens is meaningless. I have read and heard several people commenting on it. One says by the time the elections come there will be dozens of other issues pop up which will supersede the Kavanaugh issue. Most everyone agrees that while the Republicans may gain in the Senate due to Kavanaugh, they will equally lose in the House because of the different electorates. Statewide vs. districts. Polls, take them or leave them, show women in the suburbs moving solidly away from Trump, and this is where control of the House will be decided -- not the cities and not the rural areas.

"But the polling evidence is more complicated, and the Kavanaugh effect could be contradictory. Republicans might be improving their odds of keeping the Senate, where the GOP base will be crucial — several vulnerable Democrats are up for reelection in states that Trump won in 2016 and where he still remains popular. But the Supreme Court fight might not help as much in the House elections, where suburban swing districts — and swing voters, women in particular — will decide who controls the chamber."

FiveThirtyEight still give Democrats a 73.7% chance to take control of the House. Average gain of 33 seats. In my opinion I would define a "blue wave" as 40+ seats.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...idterms-header
Wrong, geez... she’s lying, plain and simple... there is no way she would have forgotten any of the details if this was true. I guarantee the experts know she was lying too, trying to take down a highly qualified person with nothing but lies... Democrats have lost their way!!!!!!!! Originally Posted by pleasurem
I think the only person that can make a true statement if she is lying is someone that is a victim of sexual assault. I know of no one that would want to willingly remember every detail. And you have time factoring in. Hell, if she did want to remember, time would affect what was left. I don't think it'd play havoc on who the aggressor is.

Also, did you notice how basically that NYT piece on how Trump's father transferred money and assets to Trump over decades to avoid estate taxes basically evaporated over the heat and distraction of the Kavanaugh hearings? Do the Dems have any ammo left for the GOP before the mid-terms, save some hail-mary Mueller report? Trump is going to barnstorm like he did the last weeks of the 2016 cycle. He also has the IG looking at those FISA warrant documents, and I gotta think they are going to drop soon before early voting is in full swing. Originally Posted by SecretE
The tax scam bit is old news. Even Trump acknowledges it. The fact that he doesn't like it helps confirm they hit a sore spot. And I venture to say it is mostly true what they allege. I've stated before, he could evaporate over 95% of the criticism about him if he followed precedence and showed the tax returns. Until than, I have to assume he is of the same ilk as those around him that got whacked for fiscal problems.

You conveniently avoided responding to any of my points. I believe Kavanaugh was given due process. You and others are not doing the same for Ford. Guilty until proven innocent for Ford.

As to the impact of this on the November elections -- a meme by someone named Candace Owens is meaningless. I have read and heard several people commenting on it. One says by the time the elections come there will be dozens of other issues pop up which will supersede the Kavanaugh issue. Most everyone agrees that while the Republicans may gain in the Senate due to Kavanaugh, they will equally lose in the House because of the different electorates. Statewide vs. districts. Polls, take them or leave them, show women in the suburbs moving solidly away from Trump, and this is where control of the House will be decided -- not the cities and not the rural areas.

"But the polling evidence is more complicated, and the Kavanaugh effect could be contradictory. Republicans might be improving their odds of keeping the Senate, where the GOP base will be crucial — several vulnerable Democrats are up for reelection in states that Trump won in 2016 and where he still remains popular. But the Supreme Court fight might not help as much in the House elections, where suburban swing districts — and swing voters, women in particular — will decide who controls the chamber."

FiveThirtyEight still give Democrats a 73.7% chance to take control of the House. Average gain of 33 seats. In my opinion I would define a "blue wave" as 40+ seats.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...idterms-header Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

All threads about this subject seems to have people intentionally avoiding a pointed question.

Case in point: Ellen, when is Mexico paying for that Wall that the Republicans don't need any help from the Democrats?