Straight Male & Good At MakeUp

I have developed a decent amount of skill in applying makeup, thanks mostly to doing photo shoots either without a makeup artist or with one that could not do what I wanted.

Obviously this is an attribute usually found in either a girl or a gay guy, so I was curious to hear some opinions on what a girl honestly thinks of this. Is it like too much of a feminine quality, or is it interesting in a kind of relatable way?

The girls I have asked have not said anything negative about it, but obviously people are more polite in person and if you know them.

Also this is not something I am obsessing over. I just though it would be a little interesting to discuss. Correct me if I am wrong.
How are you at picking out candles, accent pillows, and interior design?
Are you also good at perms, highlights and flower arrangements? Are your favorite movies "Beaches" and "Fried Green Tomatoes"?
Being in that industry by trade, I've seen plenty of straight men that do hair & makeup... Not uncommon at all to me..
  • Trey
  • 04-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Has it ever helped you meet or get a girl? Guess that would be a clue as where they stand on it.
How are you at picking out candles, accent pillows, and interior design? Originally Posted by pyramider

Not into candles, although I am in fact a pretty good interior designer now that you mentioned it

And I like for worse girl's movies than the ones you mentioned (A Little Princess, Pretty Woman etc.). I also like guns, cars, Mel Gibson movies (and phone calls), so it is not all feminine stuff.

The makeup thing alone hasn't lead to "meeting a girl", but some have seemed genuinely excited to know that I actually know at least as much as them about makeup. Also it makes buying gifts easier. But I was more curious about sort of the general thoughts on it from a girl's perspective. I have met some girls with too many manly qualities and it is usually a turn off.
Not a turn on. But the only way its a turn off is if you pick a lady up for a date and you ask " ohh... Is that really the eyeshadow you're wearing?"
Are you also good at perms, highlights and flower arrangements? Are your favorite movies "Beaches" and "Fried Green Tomatoes"? Originally Posted by Oralist
Steel Magnolias... BE-OTCHES!!!
I think it's awesome. It's funny how gender stereotypes are laid out. All the joking above about flowers and movies and crap are all things I don't give a fuck about, but are things that guys just assume all women stereo-typically like.

Maybe I have too many 'manly' qualities.

Especially the beard.
I think it's awesome. It's funny how gender stereotypes are laid out. All the joking above about flowers and movies and crap are all things I don't give a fuck about, but are things that guys just assume all women stereo-typically like.

Maybe I have too many 'manly' qualities.

Especially the beard. Originally Posted by Liliana Vess
I couldn't pin-point it at first, but now that you mention it...Is that why your DATY is so good???
According to N TX, whiskers do not help eating cookie.
Depends: little longer and soft = tickles

Short and stiff = painful
I have developed a decent amount of skill in applying makeup, thanks mostly to doing photo shoots either without a makeup artist or with one that could not do what I wanted.

Obviously this is an attribute usually found in either a girl or a gay guy, so I was curious to hear some opinions on what a girl honestly thinks of this. Is it like too much of a feminine quality, or is it interesting in a kind of relatable way?

The girls I have asked have not said anything negative about it, but obviously people are more polite in person and if you know them.

Also this is not something I am obsessing over. I just though it would be a little interesting to discuss. Correct me if I am wrong. Originally Posted by viking2341
I am interested in your skills. Can you demonstrate on me? Also cost.
Depends: little longer and soft = tickles

Short and stiff = painful Originally Posted by Glynette
+1. I love a nice beard or goatee.
I had assumed that YM was discussing my general swagger rather than my beard...but thanks.