is chat broken again?

or is it just me?
My chat will not work either I was just about to post in here! Wth is up with chat?
Mine is not working either. Is there anyway to report this other than this thread?
They may be updating it... be patient im sure it will be fixed
well, at least it isn't just my laptop or connection, thankful for that
I cant get in either...they have done some upgrades and are working the issues now.
  • T-Can
  • 02-13-2012, 10:23 AM
You may need to change your browser - Chrome is not working with the new upgrade but they are working on things

Chat is up and running - I could have swore it was GDL who muted me this morning for no reason
Suggest you read this thread about chat...

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=382223
tcan how do I change my browser?
  • T-Can
  • 02-13-2012, 10:36 AM
tcan how do I change my browser? Originally Posted by GDLMAN
If you're using Chrome, don't use it and switch to IE or Mozilla or something else. Haha!
If you install something and it doesn't work, you should remove it and go back to the version that does work.

I can understand that unless IT professionals are doing these upgrades, that may not be understood but rookies learning on the job how to install things can not only lead to stuff not working but can also lead to installing cracks into the software that can be exploited by those with bad intentions.
Please, Please undo this last batch of changes. The image posting problem is bad enough.

Now the icons are much bigger so the screen holds a lot less lines of posts. When its busy, the posts are gone before you can read them.

The scroll stop/start button is burried in a menu drop down. I have to use it a lot so I can pause the scrolling to be able to read or open a pic. Put it back were it was. Takes too long to get to it now.

The pics issue in terrable. If it does not load properly, it shows the file name. Very easy for personal info to get out.

The gifts are cute but, they obscure lines of text which is already going by too fast if the gift has a graphic. And, it auto opens a a little windows which says who got a gift. Again, reducing how much text I can see and read.

What the heck is the friends button?

Really need to allow the chat window to be set to full screen so we can see more. How about more smilies. Let us build our own list of favorite smilles so we can find the ones we use a lot quickly.

One step forward, 5 steps back.

How about open a beta chat room so you can test new features then roll them out to the main chat room once the bugs have been exposed and fixed?
I think I will go check out the new format.

T-Can, your avatar is so YOU
I understand some of the problems have been resolved. Thanks staff
  • motor
  • 02-13-2012, 03:13 PM
i can see people in there...................i beat on the door and they cant hear me.
no really i cant get in