Breast Milk -- Does it Do a Body Good?

They profess that it's the best food for newborns but what about for adults that'd like to drink from the tap?

I've seen several Provider ads proclaiming that they're lactating and available. The fantasy is very compelling. Is it safe for adults to partake? Just curious!
  • zebra
  • 02-20-2012, 08:28 PM
I supose if you know who your dealing with.....?

Remember the Nude Bar on the east side frontage road of Hwy. 360 in Arlington...? A group of business men were having a after hours party there. It was a BYOB club.They were all doing shots and one of the dancer's offered shot's of her breast milk to the men. She neglected to tell the men she was HIV +. I specifically remember the story, it was either News 8 or Channel 5 did a story several months afterwards about how the men who took the breast milk shots all contracted the HIV virus. Just something to think about..
Breast milk depends on what the lady has been eating. The food gets processed pretty quick, too. Anything eaten within 15-20 minutes will alter the taste of the milk.
Did you know that HIV can transmiited from mother to child through breast milk ? It true , you can google that if you want ... I not sure that an adult could catch it that way unless you had a cut in your mouth or something , I just saying it is interresting .
I used to work with a lactation consultant. Who knew this info would come in handy. Ahem *clears throat*

There are no known cases of adult to adult HIV transmission via human milk. You can thank your saliva for that.

Now if your mouth is a seeping wound full of canker sores and cuts I'd caution against this, but if you've got a normal healthy mouth enjoy your sweet treat! As with oral sex, I'd say don't brush or use Listerine within 30 minutes.