What is up with this request?

I was browsing rubratings and saw this ad:

https://dallas.rubratings.com/130249

The lady requests, “For this week only please have my donations placed in a red envelope”.

What’s with that? Is that code for something? I gotta go by the store and get a greeting card of some sort so I can pay her? Or does she think guys have red envelopes lying around the house?
Well, I did some quick Google research, and this is what Wikipedia has to say about your question:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_envelope

Red envelopes are gifts presented at social and family gatherings such as weddings or holidays such as Chinese New Year. The red color of the envelope symbolizes good luck and is a symbol to ward off evil spirits. The act of requesting red packets is normally called tao hongbao (Chinese: 討紅包; pinyin: tǎo hóngbāo) or yao lishi (Chinese: 要利是; pinyin: yào lì shì), and in the south of China, dou li shi (Chinese: 逗利是; pinyin: dòu lì shì; Cantonese Yale: dau6 lai6 si6). Red envelopes are usually given out to the single generation despite the age and income.

The amount of money contained in the envelope usually ends with an even digit, in accordance with Chinese beliefs; odd-numbered money gifts are traditionally associated with funerals. The exception being the number 9 as it pronunciation of nine is homophonous to the word long and is the largest digit.[1] Still in some regions of China and in its diaspora community, odd numbers are favored for weddings because they are difficult to divide. There is also a widespread tradition that money should not be given in fours, or the number four should not appear in the amount, such as in 40, 400 and 444, as the pronunciation of the word four(Chinese: 四) is homophonous to the word death (Chinese: 死).

At wedding banquets, the amount offered is usually intended to cover the cost of the attendees as well as signify goodwill to the newlyweds. Amounts given are often recorded in ceremonial ledgers for the new couple to keep.

During the Chinese New Year, in Southern China, red envelopes are typically given by the married to the unmarried, most of whom are children. In northern and southern China, red envelopes are typically given by the elders to the younger under 25 (30 in most of the three northeastern provinces), regardless of marital status. The amount of money is usually notes to avoid heavy coins and to make it difficult to judge the amount inside before opening. It is traditional to put brand new notes inside red envelopes and also to avoid opening the envelopes in front of the relatives out of courtesy.

It is also given during the Chinese New Year in workplace from a person of authority (supervisors or owner of the business) out of his own fund to employees as a token of good fortune for the upcoming year.

In acting, it is also conventional to give an actor a red packet when he or she is to play a dead character, or pose for a picture for an obituary or a grave stone.

Red packets are also used to deliver payment for favorable service to lion dance performers, religious practitioners, teachers, and doctors.
Lol. Why are you on that rub site anyway? Not enough ladies on here for you?
Not enough in Arlington. And my 3 bennies sitting naked on the counter ought to be enough to ward off any bad mojo in the room.
Very interesting. I suppose could also be a sting of sorts. Just pick up every guy walking through a hotel lobby with a red envelope.
Right .. so meany times guys have it in a pocket just hanging out
Very interesting. I suppose could also be a sting of sorts. Just pick up every guy walking through a hotel lobby with a red envelope. Originally Posted by alaine
The Man With One Red Envelope
  • BLM69
  • 08-25-2019, 01:14 PM
Sounds like a LE sting to me
Sounds like a LE sting to me Originally Posted by BLM69
That was my thought when they give specific direction
She’s advertised on rub ratings for awhile. Never noticed the red envelope thing before...could be a change (and a warning sign).
She’s advertised on rub ratings for awhile. Never noticed the red envelope thing before...could be a change (and a warning sign). Originally Posted by TinMan
How about you try it then report back to us.
Maybe it's to demonstrate she's in control. Or maybe, similarly, she wants to see how many of these dumbasses who call her can follow simple directions.

There's a story about a famous rock band, I forget who, that had it written into their bazillion-page performance contracts that the dressing room would have a bowlful of brown M&Ms (or it could have been another color, or it could have been with all the brown ones removed). The point was that if that clause was adhered to, the band knew that the contract had been read and had a pretty high degree of confidence that all the other clauses would be complied with. Probably not relevant, but I'm not doing anything else, so I thought I would share, lol.
I started a few weeks back adding a different "code word" in each of my ads. (other than here). I want to track advertising to see which ad is pulling. It also (hopefully) verifies that you read the entire ad and understand rates and services. There should not be any questions about those things if you read the ad.
It works pretty well except for guys in their 20's.
I started a few weeks back adding a different "code word" in each of my ads. (other than here). I want to track advertising to see which ad is pulling. It also (hopefully) verifies that you read the entire ad and understand rates and services. There should not be any questions about those things if you read the ad.
It works pretty well except for guys in their 20's. Originally Posted by alaine
Back in the late 90s, I knew a couple of girls who would use one name in their Observer ads, another on alt.sex.prostitution, and yet another on delphi or wherever else they may have been advertising. That was so they could track their advertising effectiveness. I always thought that was pretty smart.
I think that just the provider being superstitious. I went to an incall one time and a provider had quarters lined in a row in front of the door you had to walk over it to get in. I asked her about it and she said it was for good luck and fortune.