thoughts on reviews...

I was talking with another member the other day and an interesting question came up.

On a review I recently did, http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=614105 I was going to mention some ladies I felt connected with on a first "date" and there have been a few. But the friend and I discussed the effect this could have on the review itself. Should the review be limited to just discussion of that provider and her services? I used to do reviews other forums as as TER and there policy on reviews is much different. I did one for Tia Travels not long ago and was remindered there or thier standards.

So, should the comments on a review be limited to comments on that specific lady and session? Or does it become advertising for other providers? The guidelines here are long but I could not find anything along these lines to give guidance.
If you mean you would like to say "I connected with her just like I connected to x", I'd vote for that.
  • Modda
  • 12-03-2012, 12:03 PM
^^^ good to see your post man...after a very long time.
If you mean you would like to say "I connected with her just like I connected to x", I'd vote for that. Originally Posted by lacrew_2000

Hey 'Crew - welcome. Don't think I've seen those eyes for a while. I was going to do that and then I wondered. The ladies showcase links are there are represent her to the local board but many use them in other places too. So general discussion in ISO or Coed or the other powderless room might be ok. TER for example allows no negative comments on reviews which is a major jump. Noticed that the last time I started a review. Tia Travels was going for some kind of record...don't remember exactly what. So that is one aspect, wonder what else will cum up so to say?
Yes I have been gone for a while....but (disappointing for some), I'm back. SS...I'm really not tracking....but maybe somebody else will comment.
I don't think its fair to sway the review in another provider's direction. I have seen someone recieve a yes review yet someone said well I think so and so is more worth the money. That's kinda rude imo
Depends on the service Bailey if one has a cbj and no Daty and another does for the same money it is good to know...
Presumably the provider who does allow DATY has her own reviews which provide the same information and speak for themselves.

Assuming the CBJ and DATY-less provider received a glowing review, why the need to divert business from her because her menu is not to her taste?

Granted, I've seen comments where a provider got a "no" review, and others suggested other providers who would be better suited for the reviewer. But if the review in question is a positive one - ostensibly intended to let other guys know she is a great experience thus encouraging them to visit her - why take that away from her because she is not your cup of tea?
Comparing the girls to other providers is important in my opinion. There are guys on here that have different tastes then me, but if they mention other girls I am able to take an educated guess on how it will work out for me.

I don't like it when there is a complete thread hijacking, but the review section is for the guys benefits and it helps to know what the reviewer likes/dislikes and what the other com mentors opinions are. Since they help us guys it should not be looked down on (within reason).

Its like on 96.5 the buzz when they do the songs in the mail. When listeners send in their comments they ask for two bands they like also. That way they know if you love sublime and the too fighters, you might not like the postal service.
There are so many other threads and forums to compare the girls to each other, personally I think a girl's review is just that, hers. If the guy wants to write in his own review that he thinks another girl would have delivered more for less or whatever, than he can write that in there, if guys have other suggestions, there are more discreet methods such as PMs. That's just my opinion though.
I don't think its fair to sway the review in another provider's direction. I have seen someone recieve a yes review yet someone said well I think so and so is more worth the money. That's kinda rude imo Originally Posted by b@ileythepistol
What Bailey said. I agree that giving a general comparison - ie "x" reminded me a lot of the GFE experience I had with "other x" - can be helpful, so a guy can know the type of experience he may have. But to say money is better is spent with one provider over another, IMHO, is a matter of personal judgement and rude.
I see the ad section posts as the provider's posts and the review section as the hobbiest's. Input other guys put in reviews is helpful especially when you have something to compare it too. Making reviews silos of information detracts from my potential experience as opposed to a web of information.

I can see why it would be frustrating for girls, but to me it comes down to what is best for the guys in the review section.
Yeah, but in the Ad Section, we don't jump on the comments underneath a girls ad and say, "Hey, I do this, this and that better than her! So check me out!" That would be unprofessional and rude.
If someone posts a review about me, ie "Allie Kat Made Me Purrrr" and then in the comments section someone says, "She doesn't do this which is disappointing but so and so does." I think that's sort of a thread hijack because the review/thread is about me.
I can see where it's just easier to comment and give info in the comments section for you gents, but I'm just letting you know that most of us dislike it when this occurs.
I will say that making negative comments in a review where it is obvious what services are provided adds zero value. And there are guys that promote their favorite girl every chance they get which is very annoying. But, I still firmly believe not limiting the discussion to the review girl is a benefit to me and other guys.
Ok Ryan, then how about a compromise. If you just can't help yourself, and just have to drop someone else's name in a provider's review, how about you do it as a public comment? That way we know who doesn't respect us, and can make our decisions accordingly.

As a last resort, if you just can't help yourself, and you have to do it in private, how about send the lady a message so that she knows not to humiliate herself by linking a review to her showcase, her P411 account, her personal website, etc that was turned into an ad for someone else?

Fair enough?

Here is food for thought. You say discussion shouldn't be limited to the girl being reviewed. Ok, I get that. But you have a men's lounge, PM's, and an ISO board also intended for that exact purpose. Basically what you are saying is that even though your house comes equipped with a bathroom, you still firmly believe that taking a dump should not be limited to the bathroom, but rather, you ahve the right to take a dump anywhere you please in your own home. Now, that is certainly true enough. But isn't it fair to say that just because you *can* do something doesn't necessarily mean you *should*?