Fosta update

Yes, now at Appeals Court and the lawyers are throwing reams of paper at each other.

Here's the most recent update:

https://www.eff.org/document/woodhul...fs-reply-brief
Yes, now at Appeals Court and the lawyers are throwing reams of paper at each other. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
LOL. Well, they got it right. FOSTA definitely infringes on free speech. Problem is that this infringement on free speech is popular or at least it is popular to be for anything that appears to be against human trafficking.

Thing about the opioid epidemic and human trafficking is that I saw with both instances the Feds scheming years in advance. They were trying to incite movements, and they succeeded in creating evil enemies the government was supposed to slay. With opioids, the DEA's Draconian tactics have led people from safer prescriptions to street drugs and the result is more people dying now than ever. With FOSTA, the data shows that human trafficking while not non-existent wasn't the crisis it was made out to be. It really was a way for the feds/LE to seize assets obtained via prostitution.

The latest with Robert Kraft is the woman who allegedly gave him the HJ has denied doing so. Maybe the bullshit human trafficking angle in that case, and the Jupiter police's and DA's despicable conduct moves the needle but I doubt it.

If FOSTA does make it do the Supreme Court, I bet that they uphold the law... at least this go round.
The back-page trail will be the end of fostaaaa , they will try something else ,war continues
Fosta has been a huge failure. 47 million spent on sex trafficking and maybe 500 people arrested. No number on how many trafficked. With BP gone the illegal clues have all gone underground so no leads. A massive screw up. The question is where exactly did the 47 million go?
-golf clap- everyone that was the short slide to the site being how it is, fuck you and yours for not protesting
Remember this is the same pure as the driven snow Government that over the history of this country done things like

assassinate foreign leaders,

illegally invading and taking over other countries in the name of preserving Freedom and Democracy in the world,

conducting the illegal Vietnam War,

assassinate John F. Kennedy and Robert Kennedy and Doctor Martin Luther King, Jr.,

and last but not least,

9/11 so they will have a reason to enact

THE PATRIOT ACT.

They are from the government and they are here to help you and to protect you.

Yeah, sure, Motherfuckers!
And from what I've seen FOSTA enforcement is just flat out racist.

I am embarrassed for us all every time I see an article with mug shots of middle aged Asian ladies, all charged with crimes that NEVER hold up in court.

Would these licensed businesses be targeted if they were not all run and staffed by Asians? I bet not. And I love the criminal--there, I said it: criminal!--explanations for why the charges don't stick. This kind of crime is difficult to prove. It is difficult to distinguish a paid sex act from something done by to consenting adults. The industry is difficult to penetrate from the outside. Trafficking is difficult to prove. The list goes on.

In other words, there IS NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO JUSTIFY THESE ARRESTS LET ALONE TO PROSECUTE. I am a fan of LE--full disclosure--and we should not want our hard-working LE agents to be out in a position where they are essentially being used to harass licensed businesses and target Asians for the benefit of agenda-driven FOSTA crusaders. They got into LE to protect and serve, not harass Asians, and there is a reason the FBI thought FOSTA was a really, really bad idea.
True ^^^^ , sadly the Feds give shit tons of money to the locals for the traffic ing enforcement sooooooooo they gotta do something right or wrong Ridiculous at best