Visiting KC

Hi guys!

I'm visiting KC for the first time in a few weeks, I wanted to know if you had any suggestions about areas to stay in, restaurants to try out, etc.

I look forward to your response! 😘
Hi guys!

I'm visiting KC for the first time in a few weeks, I wanted to know if you had any suggestions about areas to stay in, restaurants to try out, etc.

I look forward to your response! 😘 Originally Posted by CelesteCarter
Hotels on the Plaza or Crown Center area, others with more in the know will help out more with this, especially the ladies.

What kind of food do you like to eat? Just about any place with BBQ in the name. There are a lot of nice restaurants that are a little more upscale on the Plaza. A lot of good restaurants and bars downtown in the Light & Power district too.
Plaza, it's somewhat similar to your Galleria.
https://countryclubplaza.com/
Centrally located and restaurants for every taste.
And as SK suggests, if you mention what type of restaurants you like, you'll have a never ending list of recommendations from the guys here.
Thanks for the response guys!

No bbq, we have enough of that in TX. Lol I do love seafood, Italian, etc.
Italian:
Buca di Beppo, Plaza
Brio Tuscan, Plaza
Lidia's (Crossroads district)
Garozzo's, a few locations

Seafood, well it's a long distance to any ocean, but still:
Jax, Plaza
Kona Grill, Plaza
Perhaps McCormicks, Plaza

I've been to all except McCormicks.
There's more but I'm still on my first coffee.

Last, KC BBQ is better than Houston BBQ.

Enjoy your trip here. I miss the Westchase District down there.
Thanks for the response guys!

No bbq, we have enough of that in TX. Lol I do love seafood, Italian, etc. Originally Posted by CelesteCarter
But Texas doesn't have REAL BBQ like we do. LOL (JK). Italian - Brio Tuscan Grille on the plaza is really good but that could be because that is where I have had one of the best dinner dates ever, just happened to be with a provider too. I think there are some guys like Unique_Carpenter here that get out more than I do and can afford more than me, they would be able to mention other great places for Seafood and Italian. Olive Garden?
quote--Last, KC BBQ is better than Houston BBQ.
BLASPHEMY!!! lol

The plaza has great hotels and eating! There is a kickass H & M clothing store!!
Have fun...KC rocks...and the gents rule!!
  • Roboz
  • 06-06-2015, 10:02 AM
No BBQ wars--its all good. Seafood Jax at happy hour, McCormick and Smicks at Plaza. Bristol in the Power and Light District.
Italian Lidia's ( of TV fame) Garrozzos ( old KC establishment) Buco de Beppo good rep though I have not dine there. Have fun in KC
Damn Baby, you have got some amazing curves. You definitely need to come visit our fine city :-)

+1 to what Roboz said, quite a few great places to eat. The Plaza is a great place to stay, centrally located and a fun place to be.
Seafood...IMHO 1st Bristol downtown 2nd McComicks.plaza 3rd Jax Plaza
Italian 1st Garozzos downown old world charm 2nd Anthoys solid KC fav downtown 3rd Brios plaza more fufu
  • JS42
  • 06-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Just stay the hell away from the Kansas side. I kid, I kid.
No bbq, we have enough of that in TX. Lol I do love seafood, Italian, etc. Originally Posted by CelesteCarter
For seafood, I'd recommend Bristol in P&L, as others already have.
Last, KC BBQ is better than Houston BBQ. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Once you're done with Lidia's for Italian, you can simply walk across the parking lot to Jackstack BBQ. Much better than Houston!

Safe travels, Celeste!
I'm seeing that I can't leave KC without having BBQ. LOL I'll make sure that is on my to-do list. Plaza seems to be another common name I'm seeing, I'll have to make sure to stop by that area as well.

Thank you guys for responding! I have my flight booked and I'm looking forward to my trip!