DALLAS MAVERICKS 2015-2016

The Vegas over under on the Mavs is 38.5 games.
I say fuck Vegas , never been there don't care.

I see 45 games this year.

Wes Mathews. - seems like a hell of a guy and a pretty good player. we have the best training staff and he will be back sooner than later. He will also light a fire under the ass of ....
Deron Williams. He will regain a lot of his playing heart as Wes Mathews shows him what real heart is .

Parsons Chandler aka White bread Jr. Healthier this year and with out Monte Ellis to take up most of the shots will be allowed to become the player he is being paid to be.

DIRRRRRRRRKK DIIIRRRRRRK DDIIIIRRRRRK!!!@@@@@!@!@!@! Much like Michael Finley back in the day, he will be present however know when to step bakc ot allow the younger players to develop. Diiiirrrrrrkkkkkkkk!!!!

Devin Harris been to the finals, JJBarea , WON in the finals.

Feel free to add your thoughts to this thread.

BTW , Im still fuckin the girl that was in my Avatar, but after seeing Motely Crue live, i had to make a change.
Not a mavs fan but I say 40-45 wins sounds about right. While they did add a few pieces in the offseason, none of those are impact players to be a contender. Don't know why they got rid of Chandler. They will be a 7 or 8 seed at worst. The western conference is tough and I don't think they have the talent to be a legitimate contender. Spurs, Warriors, Clippers, Rockets, Grizzlies, Okc, Even New Orleans are all better than them from a talent standpoint. Portland will take a step down losing Aldridge, suns and jazz are improved as well so it will be a fight for them to make the playoffs.
The Mavs will be a .500 team at best this year and that is because they will be able to pile up the wins they get from the weak Eastern conference teams. The Western conference is loaded with talent, and unless they have an off night, the 7 or 8 teams above the mavs in talent will take them to the cleaners each night. They will definitely finish last in the division, but of course, all this is barring injuries and significant trades of course.
Prior to Vegas posting their over / under's, odds, etc I had the Mavs pegged for 38 to (maybe) 40 W's (and that's high, actually).

Losing Tyson Chandler in free agency (again!) made Donnie (and in particular, Cuban) look so G-d foolish (again!!)....for all the reasons that have been written and spoken per this topic since he bolted for Phoenix. Wasting time chasing the former Aggie spoiled brat who was never gonna leave Golden State in the first place.....lord, what a joke that charade ended up being.....

Anyways (Tyson) was a class act athlete who gave his all to this franchise and the Mavs brain trust simply let this man (and Mavs fans) down (twice!) Right now, I have NO faith in Cuban what-so-ever to turn this thing around. Dirk, Finley and Nash were already here when he originally bought the franchise......and he's got Nothing remotely in place resembling those three......good luck, Mister Shark Tank.

Remember (early last season).....this was the highest scoring team in the NBA at the time when Mark and Donnie pulled off that brain-dead trade to bring Rondo here......and we ALL know how that ended. Stupid.....followed up with More Stupid.

I think you can chalk up the Mavs first rounder going to Danny Ainge and the Celtics....yuuup! Tough to rebuild your franchise when you're trading away your first round picks.....

But hey....the Mavs haven't given a f*ck about The Draft in what...? 16 - 17 years...? So no biggie, I guess.....

And down the road,,,,,sigh....get ready to be on the receiving end of regular ass kickings for many more years to come now that Aldridge has changed addresses........rich get richer, huh?
  • BLM69
  • 10-27-2015, 03:50 PM
I have noticed in the past few years that Dallas always end up with players after their glory days have passed or the league rejects.
we 3-3 , All the past their prime came together in 2010 for a championship so Im cool with that.

Dwight powell , looking great early on. Dirk kicking ass

A lot more guys are back already than expected.

Still waiting to see what is up with going cold at the end of games.
Great game at the AAC this evening....crowd was really into it all night....lotsa fun had by all.

Matthews and Dirk combined for some really hot shooting throughout the evening while taking down the Clips.

Crowd was revved up, booing Jordan anytime there was a chance to do so. Glad he's not a Mav....whatta chump.

If Dallas could give this kinda effort nightly, they'd exceed all expectations. Hard to do that over an 82 game season, of course, but would love to see the results if they could bring their A-game each time.
  • BLM69
  • 11-11-2015, 10:35 PM
I caught the game on espn, if they can play like that often that would be great. I'm glad they schooled the clippers.
Great game at the AAC this evening....crowd was really into it all night....lotsa fun had by all.

Matthews and Dirk combined for some really hot shooting throughout the evening while taking down the Clips.

Crowd was revved up, booing Jordan anytime there was a chance to do so. Glad he's not a Mav....whatta chump.

If Dallas could give this kinda effort nightly, they'd exceed all expectations. Hard to do that over an 82 game season, of course, but would love to see the results if they could bring their A-game each time. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
It was a great game. I definitely feel like I got my $$ worth. Especially bringing in Mejri to foul Jordan and then sitting him right back down. The chanting of "DeAndre Sucks" was a nice touch as well during the 4th quarter.
Mavs are 9-5 ,

the Grizz game just started.

Dwight Powell - Hella good, really matured in a single season Quality bench guy so far.

Deron Williams the new closer now that Monta is gone.

Za Za Paculia- What the WhaT?>? I didnt know we were getting some one that could do the things he can. Rebounds , free throws, scoring, still needs to work on the midrange jumper. But overall what a great surprise!

PArsons - I think a lot of what parsons is doing doesn't show up in the box score, he is a glue guy for the whole team, but of course for the highest paid player we want more.
  • MRMR
  • 11-25-2015, 05:16 PM
We got the best Coach (Besides Pop) in the League.
That alone is worth a few extra wins.
Playoff team (5 to 8) but let's see how we are playing at Playoff time (and injuries).
GO MAVS!
MAVS 50-32, 6th in the West
Dirk 1,250 points this season
Dirk SIXTH Alltime leading scorer NBA history, passing Shaquille O'Neal (today 216 points behind Shaq)
THANK YOU DeANDRE JORDAN!
Seriously, Thank him for not coming. If he did At this point I don't thing we would be doing as well as we are, He had a gave recently where he missed 22 free throws. Fucking WOW!
Plus we got Za Za . . He making the midranger now. Kick ass!

Any problems we are having now have nothing to do with Jordan. He;s not the one missing wide open shots.

Mavs current record 12-9 in the west.
The Mavs are currently 12-9. As I said in my first post in this thread, they will be a .500 team, give or take 5 games over/under. If they lose to Golden State by less than 15 the first time they play them, I will be impressed.

They have some good players and any given night, they could win a game they should lose given the previous stats, but I do not see them going to the playoffs this year.

Cuban keeps gutting the team year after year, save for Dirk, and he is not getting any younger, speaking of which, except for Powell and John Jenkins, we do not have any young talent, and certainly the Mavs do not have any go to play makers. Matthews is solid role player, but he is getting paid to be a stud play maker, making over 16 million this year, and for the next 3 years afterwards......he is not worth even half of that.

I will venture to say that they will be very active around the trade deadline, like they always are, but in this year's case, they will be so far out of contention, they will be sellers instead of buyers.
Update:

Mavs have gone 5-5 their last 10 games and going .500 during any stretch of the season isn't near good enough to keep pace with the top teams in the West.

(fyi: Memphis has moved into 5th place slot) Other teams around the Mavs have gone 7-3....8-2....9-1....and that's dropped Dallas to 6th (seeding) in the conference.

That puts them on course to play the OK City Thunder (3rd) in round one of the playoffs and that's not good. Mavs, like many teams in the NBA, have no answer for Westbrook and Durant. Period.

BTW....Dirk hit a last-second game winning shot in L.A. last night.....good for him (and the team).....that W was important.......They play again (at Golden State) tonight and that's also not good. I'm sure the Warriors recall their loss in Dallas a couple weeks ago and they're ready for a little payback. This could be over by mid-3rd quarter if Steph is on (and when is he not?)

Last item:

Dallas now has a 10 (TEN!) game winning streak vs the L.A. Lakers.......you read that right.
This is the longest losing streak for the Lakers to the same team since Jimmy Carter was prez....."Hotel California" was the #1 song on the Billboard Charts....and "Rocky" was the number one movie in America.

The year was 1976. The Mavs were still 4 years away from even being a franchise in the NBA.

Stick that one in your pipe and smoke it, Laker Fans. Sucks being the Mavs bitch right now, doesn't it?