Zeke, Ramsey?

What does Jerry do?

Zeke ?
Ramsey?
Gloryhole?
  • MRMR
  • 04-28-2016, 08:44 PM
Gloryhole of course.

Took Zeke (good pick) but Ramsey better pick and need.
Hope Zeke can keep our D off the field and if Romo goes down run thru 7-8 man fronts.
Zeke is a beast... He's gonna easily be the offensive rookie of the year. He's a 3 down back and is a good run blocker and receiver out the backfield plus he doesn't have fumble issues like Murray did.
I preferred Ramsey because I'm believer in defense. With that said I do think Zeke is a beast and will be fine. Maybe having him back there will help in two areas. Keep offense on the field and keep Romo in one piece by not having to throw it a hundred times a game.
Gloryhole of course.

Took Zeke (good pick) but Ramsey better pick and need.
Hope Zeke can keep our D off the field and if Romo goes down run thru 7-8 man fronts. Originally Posted by MRMR
Zeke was the logical choice....even over a stud like Ramsey.

Without question, Ramsey's a fine athlete (but) he's a true Safety, not CB. And you simply cannot go Safety-Safety in the 1st round in back-to-back drafts. Byron Jones is not ready to play CB in the NFL....and neither is Ramsey.

Btw.....Ramsey had (only) 2 INT's during his 3 year career at Fla St. I think you'd want that number a tad higher if you're needing an impact player (especially with the 4th pick in the draft). And Zeke will impact the Cowboys in more ways than we can even imagine right now....

Next up for Da Boys....find a road-grading, mean as hell fullback to be Zeke's lead blocker the next 5-6 years. Is there a Daryl Johnston clone out there...?
I think they should go for an edge rusher with the 2nd Rd pick with Lawrence and Gregory both being suspended for the first 4 games of the season and then in the 3rd or 4th Rd look for a backup Qb hopefully Dak Prescott to develop.
Zeke was a bad picK. They had the fourth leading rusher in the NFL last year who only played in 10 games. Tell me what was wrong with their running game. They need defense of help particularly on the line and defense of backfield. I'm not sure I would've gone with the linebacker in the second round but at least he plays defense and that's where they need help
McFadden can't stay healthy that's why plus he's about to be 30 years old. Elliott the best rb prospect since Adrian Peterson u don't pass on talent like that plus Elliott will actually help keep the defense off the field with ball control and time of possession not to mention he can actually pass block which McFadden can't do. Smith in the 2nd Rd is a steal he was the top rated prospect coming into this draft before he got hurt in that bowl game he's a great investment.
Their 2nd round pick?????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????

A player that might not even play this season??????????
Their 2nd round pick?????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????

A player that might not even play this season?????????? Originally Posted by Last Ride
If the nerve doesn't come back in his knee he will never play again. Probably a top 5 pick before injury but a huge gamble in my opinion to use a high second round pick on him now. Just hope for the best I guess.
Yeah it was a huge risk taking him that high but u know how Jerry is. If this works out in their favor, people will be saying how smart he was for taking a chance on him. They still need D line help and a back up qb I look for them to address those needs in the remaining rounds.
Way to early to take an RB... Look at the history of running back taken in the Top 10... Trent Richardson had all of the hype that Elliott has now and we was a disaster... RBs have short careers...

It is ridiculous to say that "he will keep the defense off of the field"... A good defense helps you win. Period. A RB that keeps a bad defense of the field is not what an NFL team needs to win... Peterson is great, but he hasn't made the Vikings a contender, but he has made a lot of Fantasy Football teams contenders...

Go back 5 years and look at Super Bowl teams... With the exception of the Seahawks and Lynch, teams get there without a dominant single back...
Better put, Romo good, McFadden good
Romo hurt, Cowpukes suck, McFadden in Philly, they suck.

If you think a great RB in the NFL will beat eight in the box without a healthy QB, you're as delusional as Jerkwad. (Sadly the case with most Cowbag fans.)
Way too early to take an RB... Look at the history of running back taken in the Top 10... Trent Richardson had all of the hype that Elliott has now and we was a disaster... RBs have short careers.....

Go back 5 years and look at Super Bowl teams... With the exception of the Seahawks and Lynch, teams get there without a dominant single back... Originally Posted by Generic White Guy
Using the example of a (slow, no vision, stiff-hipped) RB selected by the Cleveland Browns is pointless. That franchise has been a rudderless ship for years with zero direction....(and sure, while the media-driven "hype machine" pumped up both RB's, Zeke has so many more NFL-ready skill sets than Richardson ever did.....look it up, it's not even close.)

While today's NFL is quite a bit different than 4 decades or so ago, the game remains the same: if you block, tackle, take care of the football and have a strong running game; you figure to win a lot football games. That mandate remains the same no matter what decade you're in....or how many rules the league continues to make up in order to open the passing game up even moreso.

That said, that's why you draft transcendent RB's like a Tony Dorsett, Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith, Earl Campbell, Bo Jackson when they're on the board (and that means early in the first round....you ain't finding these guys in the 5th or 6th rounds).

By no means am I stating Zeke is a future HOF'er per the aforementioned names. However, with the O-line he'll be running behind, I'm somewhat tempted to wager his NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year award is simply a formality.
Way to early to take an RB... Look at the history of running back taken in the Top 10... Trent Richardson had all of the hype that Elliott has now and we was a disaster... RBs have short careers...

It is ridiculous to say that "he will keep the defense off of the field"... A good defense helps you win. Period. A RB that keeps a bad defense of the field is not what an NFL team needs to win... Peterson is great, but he hasn't made the Vikings a contender, but he has made a lot of Fantasy Football teams contenders...

Go back 5 years and look at Super Bowl teams... With the exception of the Seahawks and Lynch, teams get there without a dominant single back... Originally Posted by Generic White Guy
Wow u really gonna compare Trent Richardson to Zeke? No one said u can win without a defense Genius. Drafting Ramsey wasn't gonna help this team. A corner is only as good as the pass rush which has been a weakness in Dallas plus Ramsey only had 2 ints at Florida st he isn't the second coming of deion sanders. Elliott was the best player available at that time regardless of position so they took him. Elliott will be the offensive Rookie of year barring injury then you will be praising the cowboys for drafting him.