It's been Fun!

• Eli
  • 03-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Let's dispel the rumors now. I was informed this AM that my services as a Moderator were no longer needed on Eccie by T-Bone. I asked for a reason and received an inconclusive response as to why but it was in relationship to the direction the board was going. Not the exact words but. I can accept this and act accordingly. I'm not into games and have maintained a level of honesty throughout my life (Well, maybe not with SO's. lol But otherwise.) There is a reason for everything. I accept it.

I have to admit, since the demise of ASPD, I have been complacent. I have played the part of Moderator and done what I have done in the past. Maybe not with the enthusiasm I placed on the other site and I have to admit, I haven't even got a review here. I did come with a past and a reputation. I have made many friends, gained a few admirers and a few enemies(not intentionally). It all comes with the territory.

I have always done my job to the best of my ability; been fair and honest with all whom have approached me; helped numerous hobbyists and providers to their intended goals and been there when needed.

I have met some of the greatest people and have had the utmost pleasure of becoming friends with so many that I would ,otherwise ,have never met in my life. Gentlemen, who I share time, drinks, or dinner and great conversations, whether about hobbying or otherwise. The greatest of times!

As far as friendship, that respectfully extends to the beautiful ladies I've had the pleasure of meeting; emailing; PMing. I have had the gift of meeting ladies, in some respect, from all over the world. Needless to say, I am closer and fonder of our NY ladies (sucking up is always good! lol). I have so much enjoyed the times we have shared in any respect I've been included in your lives.

I've enjoyed being a Moderator here. I'll be around and available for the new faction.

Bonz, LAP, GFE: Been great working with you!

Respectfully,

Eli
THANK YOU ELI

you have done a GREAT job and helped many!

sunfish
Eli, you're an icon. We are all indebted to your unique insight and generosity. We will hold you to your words about continuing involvement and guidance.
  • Niktu
  • 03-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Eli, I'm shocked.

Thanks for all your help on the boards and help creating and maintaining the WNY sections.
I would say best of luck but I suspect now you can spend your spare time to enjoying the fun.
  • Chloe
  • 03-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Babe you were floating back and forth on weither you were going to even continue the moderating after aspd . . . this is a blessing for you! More time to hobby, less time online, more time to hobby, more time with family, maybe now you have time to write a review, more personal time lol . . . did I mention more time to hobby?

Love you always!
Chole
Uncle Eli, I have no idea how your concern, experience and wisdom can be replaced. We've only met briefly on a few occasions but it was enough for me to appreciate that the WNY hobby experience would be vastly less interesting but for your hands-on involvement over the past many years.

Said a little differently, you would have had to have been providing too in order to have had a larger impact.
I'm new here but best of luck to you.
Eli, I am oneof the fortunate (can't say few it must be many) people on this site who you helped out of a jam. You may or may not remember that, however, your interaction, positive attitude, and willingness to jump into it at that time , was both a godsend and something I question if many others would do.

I understand change in life and times, so my wish is that the next progression can find the wisdom and ability to perform this (now seemily treasured) moderator position with the same as the previous participants.

While meeting jb in a different vein, I also believe that he didn't use his position rather allowed his position to quuietly guide the site, not guide it and tell it where to go.

Thanks Eli , and also
Thanks jb

willdill
Good luck to you Eli..... Chloe pretty much said what I was going to echo. You have
a new 'love' remember? Now you can put your energy and attention into that new love. I'm sooooo envious!

We tend to get comfortable with what we're used to... but change is always inevitable. Just depends on how we deal with it.

Your wisdom is always appreciated.
~Hanna~
  • Laker
  • 03-10-2010, 06:45 AM
Eli,

Man I am speechless! We have been friends for several years now, although never meeting face to face, have conversed in several ways, about many things!

You have given me some irreplaceable guidence, council and above all were just always there for me.

Thanks Friend!!
E-

What Chloe said!

Talk soon,

FM
Eli,

Best of luck with all your free time you will now have. What you provided me and others (mostly on ASPD) will never be forgotten. The help, guidance, mentoring or whatever you want to call it has positioned me over the years to enjoy my hobby time to a level no one else out there could have ever done. We have never met so I don't have the one on one conversation experience, but know a good man even when I don't see him. Thanks. Now get busy on some reviews. I miss them.

M
Eli, you're an icon. We are all indebted to your unique insight and generosity. We will hold you to your words about continuing involvement and guidance. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Ditto.
Eli get that wheel chair tuned up your gonna need it now. Lets see some of your fantastic reviews start appearing. Ed
  • GP
  • 03-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Eli,

Thanks for all the hard work and time you have put into this. You are one of a kind!

GP