Can I change my name somehow w out deleting my account?

I've made some mistakes as i was growning in the hobby. Such as I'm sure everyone has...i think? Anyhow not long ago a hobbiest from another site drug my number and name in the dirt to cause me problems. I have currently changed my number but I saw recently I was found to be under this site but all that was put up was my handle and of course what site. Is there anyway I am able to change just my name dlloving4u to another name privately to clear that whole issue instead of starting over? If I start over to try get back under the radar is there anyway to keep my reviews so I do not need to be verified again? or does anyone have a suggestion on what I can do to stop my old links connecting to the new links??
You can get a new handle, but, imo, you cannot escape nor shed your previous history.

You are much better off acknowledging your history and making a public apology and strongly vow that you are a new person and follow through.

Yes, you will catch some flak, but if you follow through properly your "old days" will be behind you soon enough.

Best of luck!
Its not so much I need to apologize. I did a lot of foolish things such as using face pics..a personal number and some other mistakes as I learned. My kids are older now and things are starting to be seen. I'm just trying to make sure its not as easy as googling my number to find things out for example. So If I change my handle since its the only thing relating to people finding out at this time will i be able to still use my reviews or anything? Or do I need to be verified again?
  • Mokoa
  • 12-30-2015, 06:34 PM
Yes, you may change just the handle of your account. Its other properties will not be affected. If you decide to do so, please make the request by PM. Please provide the following.

• At least three choices for your new handle in order of preference in case one or more are already taken.
  • Reason for the request.
The only way to permanently change your identity is to disable your current profile and start a new one. This will cause you to start from scratch. The reviews you currently have will not be attached to your new profile. This is tricky, because the community already knows who you are and there will always be an idiot that will call you out publicly, or you will out yourself. All that work on hiding your identity will be for not.
I greatly appreciate your need for privacy. But, imo,

Anything (read everything) you have ever posted on the internet is totally still out there - maybe "hiding" in some archival engine like Google (and there are dozens of archival engines that I know about).

A determined searcher can always find that which might be hidden. Worse, any stalkers you have ever had has likely already made copies of everything.

Your only "defense" against someone using your photos/data is to claim your identity was compromised or spoofed.

Best of luck in staying secure.