And The Envelope Please...

Is anyone able to explain the real purpose of putting the "donation" in a plain envelope? Is it just a Hobby Legend or does it have a verifiable purpose?

Does the envelope foster the illusion that the tryst is really a Girl Friend Experience or is it a dodge designed to fool a jury about what was really happening in a hotel room between a naked couple (or trio) who don't know each others names?

I have followed these instructions for almost four years now and it is just another thing to worry about (OMG, I forgot the plain envelope!! The session will be abruptly terminated!!). Again, I am told that many ladies openly count the money, so why the charade?

Your guidance and wisdom will be appreciated.

Does the envelope foster the illusion that the tryst is really a Girl Friend Experience ? Originally Posted by awl4knot
Yes.

Of course, you could just take out your wallet and slowly count out the fee "Uh, twenty, fourty, that's a hundred, oh I forgot I had a fifty, am I counting this right? Oh there's another twenty" etc.
But that might be a tad tacky, no?
the envelope is just a tried and true measure of taking care of business on your part. It is a little gauche to stand there fumbling with your wallet and counting out bills.

Does it foster the illusion of a girl friend experience? Perhaps to some; I walk in and place my keys and envelope on a visible counter or desk and settle into a chair or couch to get comfortable; upon leaving, I pick up my keys and move on.

It really amounts to just proper etiquette; we all know what we are up to; and a plain envelope sitting on a desk is not a 500 lb. elephant we are both trying to ignore...
I bring all pennies in a big ass whiskey bottle.
But please have the right postage on it, her car payment book did not come with evelopes.
What I have heard is that at first, you were suppose to bring the donation in a bank envelope, so if busted, you can say 'Oh no, thats my money I just withdrew from the bank on my way here for another reason altogether...' I'm not real sure how air tight that is...I would say that it absolutely is not.

I think it has been continued on to prevent an awkward situation from happening. I am a bit differant though...I'm a little bit dirty...I like the feel of takeing the money from the men. I have on a few occassions, asked them to throw it at me like I'm a cheap whore.

I enjoy seeing the envelope...I also like to see it fanned out...and I like it taken out of the wallet and handed to me...I also get a thrill seeing men taking the white envelope out of a secret hiding place... It reminds me of why I'm there, and the dirty things we are doing...
What I have heard is that at first, you were suppose to bring the donation in a bank envelope, so if busted, you can say 'Oh no, thats my money I just withdrew from the bank on my way here for another reason altogether...' I'm not real sure how air tight that is...I would say that it absolutely is not.

I think it has been continued on to prevent an awkward situation from happening. I am a bit differant though...I'm a little bit dirty...I like the feel of takeing the money from the men. I have on a few occassions, asked them to throw it at me like I'm a cheap whore.

I enjoy seeing the envelope...I also like to see it fanned out...and I like it taken out of the wallet and handed to me...I also get a thrill seeing men taking the white envelope out of a secret hiding place... It reminds me of why I'm there, and the dirty things we are doing... Originally Posted by Tiffany Cums
Yes I am in love with you. oppsssseee lust lust lust lust lust lust lust lust lust lust lust lust etc.

I enjoy seeing the envelope...I also like to see it fanned out...and I like it taken out of the wallet and handed to me...I also get a thrill seeing men taking the white envelope out of a secret hiding place... It reminds me of why I'm there, and the dirty things we are doing... Originally Posted by Tiffany Cums
Are you sure you don't tour?
The envelope just keeps the donation together in one place and makes it easier to handle. Having the bills rolled up in your pocket or on a money clip would work equally well, but following the tradition connects you to the long chain of hobbyists and providers back down the centuries. 'Course, it always makes me feel like I'm Paulie Walnuts giving Tony his cut...

Damn I need to see this woman!!!!!
It reminds me of why I'm there, and the dirty things we are doing... Originally Posted by Tiffany Cums
It is, of course, possible to do dirty things w/o the exchange of an envelope or $$$.
It is, of course, possible to do dirty things w/o the exchange of an envelope or $$$. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Which reminds us all:

"The only difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs less." - Brendan Francis
It's BS. "Your honor, I had no idea that the envelope contained money."

Sure, that's going to work.

As for preserving the illusion, I think that's already broken by the time he gets in the door.

Count the damn money in front of me. I don't want to be accused of shorting, either because I made mistake, or the lady decides afterward to try and trick me out of paying extra, or there was a misunderstanding about the rate.
It's so touching to open a pretty envelope with a card inside{and of course the donation too...lol}

I used to have a guy in Phoenix who would bring me a few rolls of quarters along with ones/fives/tens/and a few 20s...lol
  • oden
  • 06-18-2010, 10:19 PM
A card might be nice.