Slow response + read/unread status

• ezman
  • 10-04-2010, 05:19 PM
2 questions here.

Earlier today and periodically over the past few weeks, the response on this website seems agonizingly slow. Anything going on?

Today I have marked several forums as read, go away and come back and all the forums still show as unread. Click on the next new post icon and get taken to a post i have already read 3 or 4 sessions ago. What gives?
I also am having "slow response" problems. My slowness has been going on for about 2 weeks.
Any suggestions to help solve the problem?
tks.
  • oeb11
  • 10-11-2010, 09:26 AM
I note a very slow response- particularly during the day-less at nite when traffic may be less.
perhaps more server capacity needed?- from a non-IT type. Thanks
I too am having very long page load times. Maybe ECCIE is a victim of its own success and the servers cannot keep up with the demand. Just a guess.
I notice the slowing happening when the page is trying to load the the ads. I am not sure if his is something that ECCIE has control over, it depends on where the servers are hosted and if they have access to them.
Like the other respondents in this thread, I'm experiencing what at times is painfully slow page upload on the site--slow enough where I close my browser to visit another time.

It would be nice if one of the mods would at least acknowledge this problem, perhaps describe what's causing the slowness, and let us know that someone is working on a fix

Vinnie Goombah
I've had the same sluggishness problems for a couple of weeks, but tonight it seems so much better. Someone restart a server?
Yes, we are working on a few things that may affect page loads intermittently. Nothing to do with server capacity. Things are more than fine there. Should be all wrapped up in the next few days. Sorry for the inconvenience.

St. C
Page loads are not the only problem here, not even close, and not the gravest problem here, far from it...