P90X

Has anyone tried P90X? Is it real or bs? Thanks in advance for sharing.
I happen to know someone doing p90x. It appears to be real. However, her words were it's hard as hell.
2 girls both in mid 20s I know have lost 10 lbs when they were on day 30-45 and stuck to their diet. To continue with the regime and diet indefinitely takes A LOT of dedication. Takes about an hour to 90 mins a day of exercise 6-7 days a week and you need to have a good level of fitness to start of with.
If you decide to do it, please let me know if you need a work out partner because I'd love to give it a try. I'm stuck at my last 20lbs and need to get it off in a hurry. I don't have anyone to work out with so I'm finding it hard to stay self-motivated. Having a work out buddy kind of gives me someone to be accountable to other than myself (I lie to me all the time)
Great question...I too have been "looking" at the P90X...I hate going to the gym (not much for lifting weights, etc). Thought this looked legit, but would like to know if it actually works before I invest in the program.
For those curious about the P90X, it definitely is legit and does work. I work with two ladies and one guy who have used it over the last year and have lost lots of weight, improved blood pressure, increased energy level, etc. There is nothing really unique about it; it is very similar to a regime that I have been following for the last year and a half. I have lost about 35 lbs. and have seen a great improvement in sexual performance.
It's all a just a question of discipline.
BTW, you might want to google "tabata" for a technique that really works for me.
i have a friend who used to be in shape and then got really out of shape and tried p90x and in 3 months lost 30lbs. and feels great. the concept makes sense. i'm going to start on it very soon.
I'm watching my workout video online...oh and I am eating a jalapeno-cheese sausage, washed down with a chocolate slim-fast.

I'll be skinny in no time
Sounds like my kind of workout, UTR.
  • mrod
  • 04-12-2010, 01:22 PM
I started watching what I ate and started p90X in April last year.. i started at a weight of 187 and when i hit day 90 i was at 158.. I took about a month off the system in July and only worked out moderately... I did not gain any during that month.. I started it again in August and did about 60 days. After that i got burned out from the workouts. They just became a little boring... I did have major results everywhere but the chest area... The chest and back workout just doesn't have enough to really build mass. But then again i was not supplementing with mass gainers...

Overall its a great system and you never really get used to it,, it is constantly challenging. Its very beneficial with just about everything you do... I would not recommend long term or maintenance because it really wears on the body... I play mens softball in the summer and it really affected my performance, running, hitting, everything... i just seems that I just didnt have enough energy to perform at a high level.. I even carbo loaded and upped the calorie intake during the season but P90X took it all.

Over winter i gained about 6 pounds and now i am trying to get back in P90X shape.. I am looking at getting the Insanity series... its mostly the plyo and cardio geared to get lean.. but we shall see.
for us fatboys what are talking about
I'm watching my workout video online...oh and I am eating a jalapeno-cheese sausage, washed down with a chocolate slim-fast.

I'll be skinny in no time Originally Posted by UTR ATF
Try some Orlistat with it and you might be OK.
"Over winter i gained about 6 pounds and now i am trying to get back in P90X shape.. I am looking at getting the Insanity series... its mostly the plyo and cardio geared to get lean.. but we shall see."

Mrod -

Check out a book called "Ready, set, go - synergy fitness" by Phil Campbell
He focuses more on building strength for all three muscle groups and promoting HGH production. It would help for softball. I have to have a day off between really hard workouts to build muscle mass.
I'll let you know how it works. I have trip coming up in June. I've been losing steadily, but I need that extra push to get me over the hump. My ex college gf is going to be there and I can't show up with my Buddha belly.
as an aside, the Groupon for today is for a month at Psycho Gym.

Sounds like a good place for a different high intensity workout.