It's just been one of those days...

I had the bejesus scared out of me! I was pulling in a truck into the dealership. *Got to the opened bay door and noticed it wasn't opened high enough. *So I move the gear shift up and go to get out and raise the bay door. *Well the vehicle wasn't in park, it was in reverse. *So as I got out it started sliding backwards. *So here I am one leg in the truck the rest of my body outside with the truck moving backwards.

I freak out and try and hurry up to jam on the brake. *The problem was my foot slid off the brake and on to the gas pedal. * I jump up, hang on to the door while hopping backwards on one leg. *Finally getting in the truck and getting it to stop completely. *With no property damage whatsoever. *I'm one lucky SOB!

After a day like that I decided to take the day off...
  • MRMR
  • 07-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Poppy,
Could have been much worse.
Glad to hear you and the vehicle (and the Building/Others) are OK.
I too am glad the outcome was as good as it was. Now I know you know just what to do to get rid of all that nervous energy and find a relaxed state.
I had a very similar experience a number of years ago ......Making a delivery to a city
garage ....we had a fairly big Snow the night before .......I went to overhhead doors .......got out to ring the bell ..truck popped out of gear and rolled into the overhead ...leaving a rather large crease and dent ......I went into the shop and NO one there ...all out on the snowplows I guess .........I then went to front office of building and asked if anyone was in the shop .....and lady was very rude ....I was going to tell her about the door damage ...but when I asked about anyone in Shop .She said "did you see anyone in the shop". I replied NO I went in but no one there .....she looked at me and said thenI guess no one is there ..........so I left the pkg. in the office and left .Never heard another word ........
Hey, tsrv4me:
Nice Avatar!
Buy a lottery ticket.
  • aka
  • 07-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Buy a lottery ticket. Originally Posted by dallasrgb
Or just marry her -

http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz.c...-2010070762269
Wow, you dodged one. Good to read you're alright!
I'm sorry, but this is tickling the hell out of me, I don't even know you and I can see your face expression during this ordeal , it's to die for, hahah. Sorry, I hope you are ok, honestly!
But come on, drink some coffee or come see me for an early morning wake up, your life may depend on it,lmao... You are cute and funny,I would love to have you as a friend, most guy's don't know how to make a girl laugh, most are just jerk's! big kid's alway's crying when they don't have it there way, but you are entertaining mister, I loss my phone some where but pm me or text me sometime 214 694 4576, just want to put a name to this face I keep seeing when I close my eye's,lol, you could have died silly and that would be 1 less funny guy in this tough world...Have a good day and wear your hard-hat, "I'm all about safety!" lmao!!
Wow, Poppy! I am so very glad that you weren't hurt and I am also glad you took the afternoon off to gather your composure and whatnot.

I had a similar situation about 5 years ago in a parking lot and it is an OVERWHELMING sense of hopelessness!

Take care of yourself and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you.

holi...really?
Hey Poppy, glad you are okay my friend. Remember you are just a hop skip and a jump from me.
Ha ha...I gots me a groupie! Just let me know if you wanna take a ride on the Poppy Express. Where we're sure to get you to the top lickity split.
Wow, Poppy! I am so very glad that you weren't hurt and I am also glad you took the afternoon off to gather your composure and whatnot.

I had a similar situation about 5 years ago in a parking lot and it is an OVERWHELMING sense of hopelessness!

Take care of yourself and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you.

holi...really? Originally Posted by vnurse
Yea Holi really , What?
Poppy, I'm glad you're ok. You can strain some serious body parts doing that. Sounds like it is time for a massage. I saw a few real good ones expressing their concern for you.