Hobby friendly Landlord

Im currently looking to relocate and yes I'll still be here in Rochester for a while. The brick wall I keep running into is that almost all the landlords want proof of income. Lol now I could prove I have income coming in but not the L.E. way so my question is are there any hobby friendly landlords or anyone who doesnt want the proof here in the city?
I dont think my money's speaking loud enough
Claim youre an independent contractor you work as a private personal assistant or concierge. That may help you
Ditto What Lexxxy said. If he's squeamish be prepared to offer double the regular deposit.
Six months rent in advance.

If you don't have that just make it up, for instance, you work for ABC Motors in sales and give the cell phone # of your "boss" who is actually a friend who can bs a two minute call with the leasing agent about how long you've been there, how much $ you make and how great an employee you are. Choose something believable and boring so that if the subject of your employment ever comes up again you can lie convicnicngly.
Why not show your tax return? If you are taken all your income under the table and not payin any taxes you are gonna have more problems than your landlord.
Why not show your tax return? If you are taken all your income under the table and not payin any taxes you are gonna have more problems than your landlord. Originally Posted by trojantide
they all be in the "entertainment" biz... jimmie entertainment
I will rent you one of my places if you are interested.

I will not need proof of income.

Just pay the lease off when you move in along with security deposit.

When do you want to move in?
Oh for sure, Deff do taxes, but that doesn't help a new girl get a place right now.
Spending hours with a tax attorney is worth it. Keep in mind a lot of people are hesitant to rent to entrepreneurs so that is double edged.
Amber...just wink at the landlord and say

im not paying you rent, just re-imbursing you for your living expenses..

that way if hes NOT claiming it all , he will know your super cool..
Try looking for a sublet. That's what I did...my landlord is a local RE company and they didn't check because ultimately the original person on the lease is responsible.