i think we should know WHY someone got banned

• 5T3V3
  • 06-23-2015, 06:40 AM
I think it would be nice if when you see BANNED under someone's name there was somewhere to click and see for what they where banned. Seeing it always worries me and makes me less likely to call them in the future, and in most cases it probably wasn't a big deal. But to me there is a big difference between being BANNED for having multiple accounts or being BANNED for calling someone a dick, because they called you a fucktard ... etc. And each tells a little bit about who or what type of person they are as well, perhaps as much as any review does. I think it should just another part of the information gathering process.
5T3V3 got banned for asking to many questions
  • Old-T
  • 06-23-2015, 09:03 AM
I think it should be made known only if it is a threat to the community, such as a member who outed or physically threatened other members. Otherwise no.
I agree knowing someone's forum history and example of why they can't post well with others is a great screening tool. The problem with showing exactly why someone got banned is that is opens the door to more questions.

"Pointed out for medical speculation." Ohemgee now we need to know who they were talking about. "Banned for Outing" Some idiot will try to contact them just to get the information and the banned and butthurt poster will most likely share it.

They have to make the rules for the lowest common denominator on the site.
I think we should only know if someone was banned if they are threat to the community.
I guess I have enough stuff of my own to occupy my time, I could care less why someone got banned....lol never even thought about it before.
Who are you curious about?
  • anita
  • 06-23-2015, 02:31 PM
I don't really care if someone I have never interacted with gets banned. If I know them personally then I may directly ask them what happened. But I agree with Old-T, we should know only if it was because it affected the community.
I find it a fun little game trying to find the post that got someone banned. However, sometimes it's just not there anymore.
People get banned, because they did something bad/unacceptable. That's good enough for me .... I don't need to know more!
5T3V3 got banned for asking to many silly, fucktard questions Originally Posted by Gotyour6
FTFY
  • 5T3V3
  • 06-24-2015, 11:44 AM
5T3V3 got banned for asking to many questions Originally Posted by Gotyour6
Probably!

I think it should be made known only if it is a threat to the community, such as a member who outed or physically threatened other members. Otherwise no. Originally Posted by Old-T
threat makes it subjective - just posting rule #10 violation makes it factual.

I agree knowing someone's forum history and example of why they can't post well with others is a great screening tool. The problem with showing exactly why someone got banned is that is opens the door to more questions.

"Pointed out for medical speculation." Ohemgee now we need to know who they were talking about. "Banned for Outing" Some idiot will try to contact them just to get the information and the banned and butthurt poster will most likely share it.

They have to make the rules for the lowest common denominator on the site. Originally Posted by SA Angel
Some would be eaten by the curiosity bug - my reasons are simply if you out someone you are out to me. I am sure there are other things that would be the same for me.

I think we should only know if someone was banned if they are threat to the community. Originally Posted by LeahMitchell
again threat = judgment call =subjective

Who are you curious about? Originally Posted by inspector farquar
nobody

FTFY Originally Posted by Hottentot Venus
I bet your breath smells like penis!
File a Freedom of Information Act with the higher ups on icky and see how that fares.
Or just MYOB
Or just MYOB Originally Posted by bule84
NOYFB!!