Acupuncture

Tangentially related to massage, has anyone ever visited a place that preformed acupuncture? My primary concern is if everything is clean, but I'm curious to try it for pain relief.
my question is,
is the dirty needle thing in play at this therapy?
AFIK they use sterile single use needles... but I've never had it done which is why I'm asking about it
I am a big believer in accupuncture.

With the caveat that all places and not all practitioners are equal.

Any reputable place will be using disposable- one use needles.

I have found great relief.
I am a big believer in accupuncture.

With the caveat that all places and not all practitioners are equal.

Any reputable place will be using disposable- one use needles.

I have found great relief. Originally Posted by Sportin wood

Great!

Where have you gone?
If you go to a good acupuncturist they can help a lot with pain and other things. The needles are brand new that they use and then thrown in a Sharps container when removed from you. I'm looking for a new one myself because I moved and my old place is just too far away. I have a woman that flies in from Florida every couple of months and shares a space with a physical therapist and I see her whenever she's in town.
my question is,
is the dirty needle thing in play at this therapy? Originally Posted by I ce man
They take the needs out of a sealed pack at any place I have ever been to and then they are discarded after each use. Id never let someone stick a needle in me for anything that didnt come out of a brand new package.
There is a psychiatrist in Bridgeville that is well-known for acupuncture, Dr.Kant.
What conditions or ailments have made you try acupuncture and return. I tried in 1999 for stenosis. The acupuncturist was upfront and said she hasn’t had much success for my ailment, and for me at that time it didn’t work. Wasn’t a negative experience. I did get my stenosis resolved via surgery fwiw
Car crash almost a year ago screwed up some chronic neck pain that I had mostly under control. Next step is getting a steroid injection into my neck which I really want to try to avoid... Also part of the reason I haven't been to any AMPs since then. Went once and was in throbbing pain the day after, I don't want to risk it sadly