New verification process

For those that are not aware, ECCIE is now requiring age verification if there is any doubt about a provider being of age.

1. website address (your website or advertising site)
2. referral from another provider or hobbyist
3. links to reviews from recognized members (any site)

Any combination of the above requirements which will sufficiently establish you as a legit provider will be accepted.

In addition, If you are advertising you are under age 21 you must submit proof to eccievp.verify@gmail.com that you are 18 or over to become a Verified Provider on Eccie. We require photocopy of your Drivers License or state issued ID and your location. Real name and address hidden, but birthdate and photo must be visible, along with your username. And proof of age MAY be requested of ANYONE seeking VP status, regardless of their stated age. Please submit this info separately from the info you sent to your local staff for verification.

From a client side, I think this is great. It can be almost impossible to tell age from a photo. This helps reduce at least one of the risks guys face. I have found a number of showcases have come down. I assume they are waiting for this age verification.

its good to see the site taking steps to prevent it from being used for underage activates. It protects the site and us.

Thoughts?
They're probably trying to crack down on under age providers. P411 does the same for verification with new providers. I think it's a good idea and might make some hobbyists feel a little more secure.
It's certainly a step in the right direction, and may be as far as they practically can go.

It's so easy to manipulate images, however, that I wonder how certain one can be that a scanned photocopy is legitimate. I can't think of a better way, given that this site doesn't have a vast employee network that can review original documentation, so I guess it will have to do.

Also, are they just removing showcases of VPs who have not provided the requested documentation, or actually suspending profiles? I thought it was the latter.

In any event, I foresee a substantial increase in 21 year old ladies joining the site.
It's certainly a step in the right direction, and may be as far as they practically can go.

It's so easy to manipulate images, however, that I wonder how certain one can be that a scanned photocopy is legitimate. I can't think of a better way, given that this site doesn't have a vast employee network that can review original documentation, so I guess it will have to do.

Also, are they just removing showcases of VPs who have not provided the requested documentation, or actually suspending profiles? I thought it was the latter.

In any event, I foresee a substantial increase in 21 year old ladies joining the site. Originally Posted by TinMan
Finally, providers adding a few years to their real age instead of subtracting. We can expect 21 now to range from 18 (hopefully not younger) to 25 (possibly older).
I'm going to correct myself here. I just checked up on one of the well-known gals that has previously stated her age in the "barely legal" category. Found an old review with a link to her Showcase. When I hit the link, I am told that the "Provider profile can not be found". Her account hadn't been suspended, but her Showcase is now unavailable.

So it looks like OBSG is correct: staff is pulling showcases until these women prove their age.
They are actually changing their accout status to registered member so the,showcase goes away. If they regain verified provider their showcase will return.

I am hurt tinman that you doubted me. Of course I am right. If you don't think so, just ask me!

Originally Posted by TinMan

Exactly, it's a step in the right direction, but as you mentioned images can be altered, and women can get fake ID's. If they provide ECCIE a copy of a fake ID, they'll get verified status again, but still aren't truly of legal age, so as a client you still need to be very careful.
From a business point of view, it's CYA, in that it's something that can be used as part of a legal defense, should that ever become necessary (i.e. "these are our policies, this is what we are doing to prevent it from happening," etc etc).

However....(and SJ has commented on this subject a number of times, and would be best to weigh in here as well)...I doubt that it would serve quite as well, if at all, on "the hobbyist" side.

As TinMan and others have said, images are easily manipulated. And, though this might be considered a "reasonable" or "good faith" effort on the part of the site, I doubt that it would keep any of our asses out of a sling in the slightest.

You might take a little comfort in knowing that SOME attempt at verification was done, but I agree that you should be just as wary as before.
Exactly, it's a step in the right direction, but as you mentioned images can be altered, and women can get fake ID's. If they provide ECCIE a copy of a fake ID, they'll get verified status again, but still aren't truly of legal age, so as a client you still need to be very careful. Originally Posted by Sleepy363
That's the thing that really bugs me about the law in this process. A woman can take steps to falsify her age, and you can't always tell how old someone is by looking at them. Being 17 years and 10 months old, for example, she could have the same physical features of a 20-year old. She whips out an I.D. that a forensic expert would be fooled by that says she's 21, the guy still gets dragged through the mud and locked up if he did anything with her. That's just BS to me.

But yes, this is a great step in the right direction.
Thats why is always better to see a lady older than 25 or so to avoid any problem ...
  • NYr
  • 07-05-2014, 08:18 AM
All current ladies lost their VP status until they send the required info. Any new ladies will need to provide the info as a part of their initial VP request.

Redbook prompted the new rules.
This is a good idea well Im 33 got lots of kids I am glad this is happening it is sad when underage girls are providing...
IM all for it!!!! Underage sex is not okay!!! wait until you are at least 19/20 to start this, its not a game its a serious thing and you must be aware of anything happening in any situation and understand that it is your life, not just a fun site to get money and play around. Be safe and lets make it more safe and drama free!!
This is a good idea well Im 33 got lots of kids I am glad this is happening it is sad when underage girls are providing... Originally Posted by mirandalee
That's because they don't care about getting a dude locked up. They just care about the money on the other end.

If they're forced against their will, that's a different story, of course.
  • Brot
  • 07-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Interesting timing. Whatever the motivation I am glad to see some barriers put up.