Cel phone batteries??

Over on one of my gaming sites, someone made a comment in relation to cell phones, and laziness that made me think..

He said, that he remembers reading a news article from some "conspiracy' site, that mentioned;
"The reason all new smart phones have internal batteries, rather than the older detachable ones is because if it's internal, even if you turn it off, the connected battery will keep a small charge to the components, so if the govt/cops wanted, they could use the remote activation tech they get FROM the companies, to turn it on without you knowing or being able to do anything about it".

Now since it DID come from a conspiracy site, normally i'd not put much weight in it.
BUT having seen many tv shows, where the cops DO turn someone's cell phone on, without their knowing, just because it still had the battery attached, it does make me wonder. Is there more to what those conspiracy nuts are saying, than mere speculation??
Life imitates entertainment.

I agree, though, it’s a legit reason for concern.

Privacy isn’t private anymore. A totalitarian government could use that to keep the people in line.

On the other hand, as we’re seeing in the case of the presumably murdered Saudi journalist for the WaPo, that could also be a boon to a legit criminal investigation.

Good post,
The actual issue is having a cell phone tower still be able to "ping" a phone and generate an approximate location. Leo does do this, and there's kidnapping cases in the papers where victims get found.

Turning a phone off is supposed to prevent that, but...
Thus the concept of Faraday cage.

LEO also does use the imitation cell tower equipment things that do the location and also capture convo. But they are usually after narco or other heavy felony folks. So yes (& OMG agreeing with Yssup) aspects that are legit leo investigative, that folks on the edge of misdemeanor don't need to worry about.

Back to OPs post:
A permanent internal battery is simply a smidgen cheaper to manufacture entire phone.

Getting someones phone to turn on remotely, dance, whatever, requires a software install, virus install, etc.