Cell phones and your hobby/profession

Without going off on a rant about my recent bad communication experiences with about 6 different providers I would like to share some of my tech knowledge with everyone. I think the hobby could some tech updates.

I don't recommend that you use a phone number associated with your everyday phone use (DUH!). I like to use Google Voice. I can send and receive texts using a different number and set it to 'do not disturb' when not in use so incoming texts don't alert when I don't want them to. For a small fee I can change my number anytime.

ENCRYPT your phone and use a good password! If you get busted, the password to decrypt the phone is protected as intellectual property and you cannot be compelled to give it up. The data on the phone is useless unless it is decrypted. On a side note, Apple decryption is easiest to break if you connect your iPhone to an Apple computer. The decryption key is stored as a file on the computer and the authorities can copy the file to their computer and spoof your password. Also, if you use your iPhone for email, the message headers hold a ton of data and can be used to track messages like breadcrumbs through the forest. You cannot scrub the headers and the data is not easily visible to an everyday person but easily retrievable to a skilled technician, believe me!

Finally, improve your business process by getting an app that can auto respond to SMS. If you are busy or don't want to work, just start the app and have it respond that you are busy. This will let the hobbyist know that they should try another time or that you will get back to them. This would make me personally SO happy.

TLDR; Re-think your cell phone use. I am willing to help, hook me up with a tech discount. Apple sux!