they say inflation might be ahead but in other news....

a guy in san francisco claims to have 7,002 bitcoins

how do I know if that's true?

only thing is,,,he cant remember the password to his "fortune"

maybe its just a publicity stunt of some kind, although his profession is programming and knowing your password is fairly basic to that job I'd think

he had ten shots at guessing the password before his computer locks up for good and he's used 8 of them

at around a current price of $34,000 per bitcoin...well that comes to over $238 million

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...aires-out.html
Now see the problem with bit coin it only going up because sucker keep buying and losing the password, there a few people with close to a million bitcoin as in early day there were 100 for a penny. But the the cash times volume is down on bit coin there just so many lock coins.

maybe its just a publicity stunt of some kind, although his profession is programming and knowing your password is fairly basic to that job I'd think

he had ten shots at guessing the password before his computer locks up for good and he's used 8 of them

at around a current price of $34,000 per bitcoin...well that comes to over $238 million

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...aires-out.html Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
yeah saw that. he lost the password he wrote down on paper.

how do you lose your password like. at least keep it in a notebook where you have a reasonable chance of finding it.

the password thing is one of the weakness of bitcoin. if you lose it, there's no way to get your shit back.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...aires-out.html Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought

how do you lose your password like that. at least keep it in a notebook where you have a reasonable chance of finding it.

the password thing is one of the weakness of bitcoin. if you lose it, there's no way to get your shit back.

how do you lose your password like. at least keep it in a notebook where you have a reasonable chance of finding it.

the password thing is one of the weakness of bitcoin. if you lose it, there's no way to get your shit back. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Simple bought when he bought 1. Bit coin was Penny's two Password words could be recovered with a phone call for ever thing else.

Biggest problem with bit coin is lock up coin, it bad system and very ineffective as far as computers.
And at 30 to 49k it very risky.
in more other news

whats this I hear about armie hammer?

dropping out of his next movie

you know, the grandson or great grandson or something of armand hammer

bloody hell
  • oeb11
  • 01-14-2021, 08:23 AM
I am not an IT guy - but it seems a competent IT guy could recover a password.
and - a guy with that fortune could afford to employ One to to do so.
or, is this just someone seeking their 15 minutes in the spotlight.
San Francisco - i would think so.

he will have to avoid the pelosi tax machine if he recovers his fortune - and DPST politicians in search of 'their money" - are relentless, ruthless, and implacable in their pursuit of 'their money"!
I am not an IT guy - but it seems a competent IT guy could recover a password.
and - a guy with that fortune could afford to employ One to to do so.
or, is this just someone seeking their 15 minutes in the spotlight.
San Francisco - i would think so.

he will have to avoid the pelosi tax machine if he recovers his fortune - and DPST politicians in search of 'their money" - are relentless, ruthless, and implacable in their pursuit of 'their money"! Originally Posted by oeb11
good points all

someone with more expertise maybe can explain this to me as I am just a oil field hand and not a techie

so the bit coin "wallet" out on the internet somewhere will lock up after 10 unsuccessful password attempts never to be pried open again until the end of time or is it just his computer?
Shouldn't he have some security questions to answer or something? I'm sure there's a way to change your password. This sounds made up.
in more other news

whats this I hear about armie hammer?

dropping out of his next movie

you know, the grandson or great grandson or something of armand hammer

bloody hell Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
his ex-girlfriend is accusing him of being a cannibal.

he says its just online kink fantasy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rapy-PTSD.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rapy-PTSD.html Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Yeah that’s the scuttlebutt

very carnal

remind me to not eat at their bakery

btw i take it that’s the x gf.
  • oeb11
  • 01-15-2021, 01:18 PM
Oh my - and while we are on the topic of 'Inflation"!
  • WTF
  • 01-15-2021, 01:52 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rapy-PTSD.html Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I'd eat that
I'd eat that Originally Posted by WTF
Second that
It’s just me I know but her face looks too much like a boy who was one of my roommates growing up, I know I just couldn’t do that

He had an uncle who had a sheet metal shop

so he got new school clothes every year

He let me wear to high school the shirt he wore the previous day, I was ok with that even though we were mostly in the same classes

we did our laundry on sundays, so every Monday at school I was on my own, but Tuesday I got the shirt he wore Monday and so on for the rest of the week, then we’d start again the next week