Response time

• KylaD
  • 12-18-2014, 09:24 PM
I had a hobbyist contact me via txt last night. I was asleep so I did not hear it, by the time I woke up 2 hours had passed and it was after midnight. I chose not to text back because what if he was with his so? I didn't want to get anyone kicked out of the house. But then I thought would the hobbyist think I have bad communication skills? I decided not to txt back it's easier for me to swallow the thought of missing out a donation than to think I cost a man his family.

So what do u guys think? Should I have texted him back? How long is too long to respond?
My personal preference is that if you are not responding in the next hour, I would rather not get one. PMs are ok and I would have probably setup something else after the hour had passed.
When I contact a provider, I indicate a time frame in which I should be, and should not be, contacted. Makes it easier for everybody.
Like the Hog said...
If he didn't say don't text me during so and so time frame, you could have texted him back. Most guys have (or should have) alternate means of communicating with you ladies, like Google Voice or a burner phone.

How long is too long to respond? Better late than never. Always respond to a text from us. It lets us know you received it, for one thing.
  • hd
  • 12-19-2014, 06:28 AM
Yes it would be nice to at least know she rec'd my text and replied that she got it. but I wouldn't be afraid to reply back at anytime night or day. If the hobbyist is using his personal phone and not a hobby phone that can be turned off and hidden from his SO, he's a fool. His marriage is doomed to fail no matter what you do.

We all know everyone's time schedules are all over the place, so I never expect to get a reply immediately, I just keep checking back to my phone or pm's when I have time to look at them.
I would expect a reply back, even if it's several hours later.
When I contact a provider, I indicate a time frame in which I should be, and should not be, contacted. Makes it easier for everybody. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
This makes sense, and it seems like everyone should give a guideline as to when it is OK to respond. She may be asleep or in the middle of a two-hour visit. Don't make her guess if it's still OK to reply, that just puts the lady in a no-win situation.
I agree. Sometimes it's damned if you do and damned if you don't.
I was asleep so I did not hear it Originally Posted by KylaD

damn Chipotle again, huh?

I think you should have texted... with the idea that it was 2 hours later, so a brief text with mild language would work.. just enough to relay you got his message, without any indication who you might be, in case a SO is lurking..
For me, unless either it is a gent that I KNOW has his phone secured and won't be risking trouble... or the message specifies it is okay to contact them back, I do not text back once a window of about an hour has passed. I'd rather be a "bad communicator" than a "homewrecker".
Communication is the key in this business, so response time is critical. When a hobbyist contacts a provider, it is usually because she has placed an ad that she is available, especially on a first time contact. if a provider is not going to respond, she need not place an ad, after all, for her not to respond generally means that she is so busy that she does not need/want the business. Things do come up, but when a provider does not respond within a few hours, even it is that she is not available, then she should be called out for bad TCB skills.
+1 to what Grace said

Play it safe and assume worst case scenario on the SO end.
damn Chipotle again, huh?

I think you should have texted... with the idea that it was 2 hours later, so a brief text with mild language would work.. just enough to relay you got his message, without any indication who you might be, in case a SO is lurking.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Exactly...something like "P.M sent" as a simple and harmless way of informing him you receieved his text. Times like these , minimal PG rated words should be used if you feel the need to respond.
  • KylaD
  • 12-20-2014, 07:01 AM
All great advice thanks guys!

Fyi, Starting yesterday, I'll be with family majority of the weekend. So if any one has attempted to call or text me, I'm not ignoring you, that phone is powered off.
Not long ago I sent a text to a provider and got a response 3 weeks later. Needless to say my window of opportunity had closed.