Stoopid Texas Voters: Why in the fuck do most people bitch about the amount of money they are taxed and the amount of government spending,.....

......then they go and vote YES for every fucking tax and spend Proposition on the ballet. There was at least a billion dollars on that ballet.

Come on people, don't fucking vote on it if you don't understand what it means.

I got more, but what are your thoughts?
Funny story. I think in 2014 the voter turnout in Texas was like 28.5%.

71.5% were eligible but didn't bother to vote.... but that doesn't stop anyone from bitching about politics 24/7

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/t...t-help-7117659
because the spending proposals are paid for by floating Bonds, not from tax collections?

IDK.. I'm asking..
because the spending proposals are paid for by floating Bonds, not from tax collections?

IDK.. I'm asking.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I don't fully understand it either....they don't want you to.

But i thought the bond allowed them to borrow it now to spend it now....then make the bond payments later out of the tax revenue.

They have to borrow to spend because they spend more than they make (tax). So there is no surplus yo pre-fund projects.
I voted for them all...because I don't mind paying some more of my salary in taxes to provide things for myself and others...

Simple...
I voted for them all...because I don't mind paying some more of my salary in taxes to provide things for myself and others...

Simple... Originally Posted by Wakeup
Did you also vote to allow somebody's tax money to improve someone else's private road?
Yes.

I make almost exactly twice the median household income here in Houston. I have more than enough money to live on. I see my taxes as charitable giving to those less fortunate, and them taking something I don't need.
Yes.

I make almost exactly twice the median household income here in Houston. I have more than enough money to live on. I see my taxes as charitable giving to those less fortunate, and them taking something I don't need. Originally Posted by Wakeup
That is a pretty progressive view sir.
Our money is over inflated & if they want to spend money for BS proposals they'll do it anyway; because our society has grown so large & so advanced that too many people are unaware or simply don't pay attention to what's going on at the top.This isn't the 19th or early 20th century. Western governments no longer balance budgets because they know they don't have to. The people who vote (mostly) are the free loaders that know this & exploit it to the fullest. Welcome to Modern Rome.
Yes.

I make almost exactly twice the median household income here in Houston. I have more than enough money to live on. I see my taxes as charitable giving to those less fortunate, and them taking something I don't need. Originally Posted by Wakeup
I don't want to call BS but I will. The only person in the history of the world that has said, "Yes Government, please take my money and spend it on whatever you want"......
I just don't care about money...it means nothing to me beyond what I need to survive...and I need VERY little of it to actually keep living.

P.S.-I'm not the first, nor the only...there's this one guy, Warren Buffett. Maybe you've heard of him...