Today

If you know the significance of this day in history and the 240 years since then we can be friends lol! Happy Birthday Marines!
If you know the significance of this day in history and the 240 years since then we can be friends lol! Happy Birthday Marines! Originally Posted by brimac

You gave it away!

10 November 1921: This date marked the first formal commemoration of the birthday of the Marine Corps. On 21 October 1921, Maj Edwin McClellan, OIC of the Historical Section, HQMC, sent a memo to Maj Gen Commandant John A. Lejeune, suggesting that the original birthday of 10 November 1775 be declared a Marine Corps holiday to be celebrated throughout the Corps. Accordingly, on 1 Nov 1921, Gen Lejeune issued Marine Corps Order No. 47 summarizing the history, mission, and tradition of the Corps, and directed that it be read to every command each 10 November.

Today, not that it matters to anyone but me and the Irish Chihuahua Refuge, is also the second birthday of my faithful wee woofs The Mighty Thor and Loki the Licky. I'll get them a red, white, and blue pupcake in honor of the Marines.

Best wishes to all of our Armed Forces, past and present, for an appreciated Veterans Day tomorrow.

Great post Fancy.
240 years of Semper Fi...from the shores of Tripoli, to the Irish Chihuahu Refuge, and all positions of respect and loyalty in between.
USMC
Providing the enemies of America an opportunity
to die for their countries since 1775

THANK YOU!!!!!!
Semper fi.. oorah