Bad day for progressives Tuesday...

Strong democrat candidate goes down in defeat in Kentucky to a Tea Party upstart.

San Fransisco Sheriff goes down for his sanctuary city policies.

Marijauna legalization goes down Ohio.

Plus a few others already mentioned in other threads.
Why was marijuana legalization in Ohio a "progressive" vs. "patriot" issue?
I don't look at the "pot thing" as a conservative vs progressive issue.

I have a 38 year old Son in Law that is a Pot Head. He is not conservative or liberal. The best term I can come up with is "useless".

As for the Kentucky elections. The big one is The Governor, but just as telling is the election of Jenean Hampton to the Lt Governors post.

She is Female, a Republican. and Black.
Dens picked up at least three seats in NJ assembly. Three seats on Pennsylvania S. Ct. Held our own in several other states. Really a mixed bag. Kentucky wasn't unexpected. All the movement in the pools in the last week was against us.
I don't look at the "pot thing" as a conservative vs progressive issue.

I have a 38 year old Son in Law that is a Pot Head. He is not conservative or liberal. The best term I can come up with is "useless".

As for the Kentucky elections. The big one is The Governor, but just as telling is the election of Jenean Hampton to the Lt Governors post.

She is Female, a Republican. and Black. Originally Posted by Jackie S
She can probably expect an audit from odummer's IRS then real soon. And being called an "Aunt Tammie " ( in lieu of Uncle Tom ) .
Dens picked up at least three seats in NJ assembly. Three seats on Pennsylvania S. Ct. Held our own in several other states. Really a mixed bag. Kentucky wasn't unexpected. All the movement in the pools in the last week was against us. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Held on in Virginia despite millions of gun control dollars contributed by Bloomberg.
Held on in Virginia despite millions of gun control dollars contributed by Bloomberg. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
And the real loser in Virginia is Governor, Clinton Lackey and all around slime ball Terry McAuliffe. He put it all on the line, and came up short.

Hillary can't be happy.
Dens picked up at least three seats in NJ assembly. Three seats on Pennsylvania S. Ct. Held our own in several other states. Really a mixed bag. Kentucky wasn't unexpected. All the movement in the pools in the last week was against us. Originally Posted by TexTushHog

Maybe it's y'alls message...

Kentucky wasn't unexpected. All the movement in the pools in the last week was against us. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Really?... http://www.courier-journal.com/story...poll/75177144/

Unit talking about media polls. Phone calls among party operative and contributors often pass along details if party and candidate polling. Campaigns can afford to poll a lot more frequently than newspapers. Most run a rolling poll the last 14 days of the election. I have a child who worked in the business throughout college and law school, and still has lots of connections, though she practices law now instead of doing campaign work.
Strong democrat candidate goes down in defeat in Kentucky to a Tea Party upstart.

San Fransisco Sheriff goes down for his sanctuary city policies.

Marijauna legalization goes down Ohio.

Plus a few others already mentioned in other threads. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Still a dope I see.

Marijuana legalization losing in Ohio is a DEFEAT for small government conservatives. Maybe not a defeat for Bible thumping social conservatives, but they aren't real conservatives anyhow.

Pot legalization losing was a defeat for anyone on the right with a libertarian streak who wants to see the police state trimmed back and the huge prison-industrial complex put out of business. It should be legalized, taxed, and the money used to treat addicts of more dangerous drugs. Treatment of crack heads and heroin addicts is cheaper than imprisoning them.

The War On Drugs is an expensive, dismal failure and the only people interested in keeping it going are prison guard unions, for-profit prison operators, and politicians trying to look butch.
A-fucking-men!

Well put ExNYer!

The War On Drugs is an expensive, dismal failure and the only people interested in keeping it going are prison guard unions, for-profit prison operators, and politicians trying to look butch. Originally Posted by ExNYer
The biggest groups wanting the war on drugs going are the pharm companies, the federal govt and the Christians. I would say all the people various govt entities employ to fight the WoD VASTLY outnumbers various private aspects of it.

I'm for vast swaths of drugs being legalized so I can go online and order my antibiotics and rescue inhalers without a useless script. This alone will bring Obamacare costs down dramatically. The AMA won't allow it.
The biggest groups wanting the war on drugs going are the pharm companies, the federal govt and the Christians. I would say all the people various govt entities employ to fight the WoD VASTLY outnumbers various private aspects of it.

I'm for vast swaths of drugs being legalized so I can go online and order my antibiotics and rescue inhalers without a useless script. This alone will bring Obamacare costs down dramatically. The AMA won't allow it. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Get real. It always comes down to money. Period. The 'people' various govt 'entities' as you put it, are a drop in the fucking bucket.
Still a dope I see.

Marijuana legalization losing in Ohio is a DEFEAT for small government conservatives. Maybe not a defeat for Bible thumping social conservatives, but they aren't real conservatives anyhow.

Pot legalization losing was a defeat for anyone on the right with a libertarian streak who wants to see the police state trimmed back and the huge prison-industrial complex put out of business. It should be legalized, taxed, and the money used to treat addicts of more dangerous drugs. Treatment of crack heads and heroin addicts is cheaper than imprisoning them.

The War On Drugs is an expensive, dismal failure and the only people interested in keeping it going are prison guard unions, for-profit prison operators, and politicians trying to look butch. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Spot on! Amen, brother!