Trump lawyer signed document saying all classified documents had been returned

This is why they got a search warrant. They knew he had lied. And since he lied there was a real and valid concern that Trump would keep the documents.
What was he going to do with them? Who knows? Intent isn't necessary for proof for the statutes in the warrant. Trump had ample opportunity to return all documents. He chose not to.

Trump Lawyer Told Justice Dept. That Classified Material Had Been Returned
The lawyer signed a statement in June that all documents marked as classified and held in boxes in storage at Mar-a-Lago had been given back. The search at the former president’s home on Monday turned up more.
At least one lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump signed a written statement in June asserting that all material marked as classified and held in boxes in a storage area at Mr. Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence and club had been returned to the government, four people with knowledge of the document said.
The written declaration was made after a visit on June 3 to Mar-a-Lago by Jay I. Bratt, the top counterintelligence official in the Justice Department’s national security division.
The existence of the signed declaration, which has not previously been reported, is a possible indication that Mr. Trump or his team were not fully forthcoming with federal investigators about the material. And it could help explain why a potential violation of a criminal statute related to obstruction was cited by the department as one basis for seeking the warrant used to carry out the daylong search of the former president’s home on Monday, an extraordinary step that generated political shock waves.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/13/u...erial-fbi.html
Must have thought he flushed the newly discovered ones down the toilet in the past.
Maybe
Must have thought he flushed the newly discovered ones down the toilet in the past. Originally Posted by Precious_b
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Who took that picture? Shouldn't there be a picture of Trump actually flushing torn classified documents down the toilet?
... Of course, another possibility is that the lawyer
was correct - and all "classified materal" WAS returned.

And Garland and the corrupt FBI are surely pushing
another political witch-hunt against Trump.

... Garland already mentioned the "narrow in scope" warrant.
And the warrant wasn't. ... They took everything.

No wonder the Republicans are pushing for a full explanation.

... As I mentioned before - "The Standard is now THE STANDARD"...

And this game is gonna have a different tilt to it
next year and for the for-seeable future. ...

#### Salty
Wanna bet, Salty?

In case I haven’t offered you the opportunity to put your money where your mouth is, how’s the chance.
Who took that picture? Shouldn't there be a picture of Trump actually flushing torn classified documents down the toilet? Originally Posted by Levianon17
Wanna bet, Salty?

In case I haven’t offered you the opportunity to put your money where your mouth is, how’s the chance. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
From *my* experience, you ain't gonna get anyone to take your money by proving you are wrong.

I've tried repeatedly to give people money to show that I am wrong but they won't take the money. Guess they think i'm cheap at $10,000 to back up their mouth.

Throw a figure out for saltlick and define simple terms to collect.
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Well that confirms it. Have a copy of the plumbing Bill too, lol.
Well that confirms it. Have a copy of the plumbing Bill too, lol. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Don't quit your day job!

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!
Don't quit your day job!

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
At least mine is legal, lol.