Favorite olympics? Summer or winter

Okay with the Olympics on I am curious what do yall like better, the summer or the winter, and why. MY favorite is the summer. I love the gymnastics, and the swimming.
It is a toss up, but i think I would have to go with the winter as my favorite. I really like the ski jumps, down hill skiing, hockey, luge, bob sledding and figure skating. Would have to say, bob sled, ski jumping and figure skating the top three. In the summer, I like the gymnastics and diving.
Summer Olympics are by far my favorite since I was a discus thrower all throughout High School and College.

I'll never understand why they'll broadcast every single lap of every race, yet only show highlights of the field events, to me the field events are WAAAAAY more exciting than the running. It's like NASCAR, it's only exciting on the last lap.
  • 69er
  • 02-15-2010, 08:06 PM
Unfortunately, my favorite event, Uneven Wedge/Ramp Combo (http://www.liberator.com/) is not yet sanctioned! Perhaps restraints could be used as a difficulty factor in the scoring?
I think winter. Guess I like the smaller crowds at the venues all bundled up and some of the crazy sports like curling that you can do at home.
Winter.... How much talent do you have to have to run ? Either your fast or your not...
Both. . .

Kind of like apples and oranges. I like both of those too!

I have been to the Summer Games and they were awesome, and I hope to make the Winter Olympics in the future because they seem more intimate.

There is something about the splendor and drama that beats any other sport venue you can attend.
Both for me. I watch as many events at both games as possible.
LOL, I was just thinking about this last night. I prefer Winter, and of course Figure Skating is my favorite...graceful, music, and they have the best outfits,lol.
Winter! Without question. In my younger days, 15 years of competitive skiing, coaching, etc. I'm really pulling for Lindsey Vonn. Not only a great skier but she is HOT!
Check out SI.com swimsuit photos!
Rarely watch much of either. But I'd have to say Summer. In addition to track, you have basketball and soccer.
Clouddancer +1 on Vonn and the SI issue. Holy batman, that was hot even though she was on the snow. BTW, how about that SI jinx!

Winter! Without question. In my younger days, 15 years of competitive skiing, coaching, etc. I'm really pulling for Lindsey Vonn. Not only a great skier but she is HOT!
Check out SI.com swimsuit photos! Originally Posted by Clouddancer
I enjoy them both. The Skiing, snowboarding, hockey and bobsledding is awesome in the winter. Swimming, diving, gymnastics and track & field in the summer.
Winter for me. Having a love for snow skiing I always gravitated towards those events. Snow Boarding was my brother's sport but I always enjoyed being a wanker two planker.

Watching the moguls makes me knees hurt thought.

Lindsey Vonn----------- want to touch the hiney!
  • selot
  • 02-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Winter for Me... I love to ski, so I watch a lot of the skiing events, cross country, downhill, etc.