Scottish Independence

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Can you blame the Scots? We broke away from England ourselves back in 1776...
You conservatives in the US should do the same from the US government which oppresses you as much as it can...there is no shame in seeking freedom from tyranny.

From wikipedia...

In political philosophy, the right of revolution (or right of rebellion) is the right or duty, variously stated throughout history, of the people of a nation to overthrow a government that acts against their common interests. Belief in this right has been used throughout history to justify various rebellions, including the Glorious Revolution, the American Revolution and the French Revolution.

Apparently, in the vote going on for independence in Scotland, seeking to throw off such oppressive government in London, the "yes" vote has pulled to even and the statists are going all out to stop those seeking freedom and forcing the Scots to remain in Great Britain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...aign-live.html
Sir Sean Connery can accept his title and go home again. It is understood that he will be in charge Scottish intelligence and call himself "M".
as someone who owes their life to a Scot. My GGG Grandfather was born in Dumphries,Scotland in 1805
married a Spaniard from Madrid and immigrated to Louisiana, I am all for it!!
They can take our lives, but they can never take our DIPSHITTTTTTTS!!!!!!

(Known anti-semite. Probably IBIdiot's hero!)
as someone who owes their life to a Scot. My GGG Grandfather was born in Dumphries,Scotland in 1805
married a Spaniard from Madrid and immigrated to Louisiana, I am all for it!! Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY
Looks like the vote is getting so close the statists are worried!!!
That's always a plus to let them know the people can rise up and throw off oppression.
That's always a plus to let them know the people can rise up and throw off oppression. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer

fukin' A right!
"Elizabeth Longshanks" says she hopes the Scots will "think very carefully about their vote"

Is that like Michael Corleone saying, "if you do this, you will disappoint me".

In all honesty, I don't have an opinion one way or another. I never could quite figure out that whole "British Commonwealth" thing.
The bigger question is what will it do to the rotation of the golf courses in the British Open.
The bigger question is what will it do to the rotation of the golf courses in the British Open. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Perhaps it will put Pebble Beach in the rotation.
They can take our lives, but they can never take our DIPSHITTTTTTTS!!!!!!

(Known anti-semite. Probably IBIdiot's hero!) Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

I don't think you've got anything to worry about. Dipshits like you only come around every other generation.

You still got that title wrapped up.
That's always a plus to let them know the people can rise up and throw off oppression. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Oppression? Really? How are the Scots being oppressed in 2014? Got any examples? Scotland has its own Parliament and the Brits have been "devolving" more and more powers over the years. So what's the point in doing this now?

Economically, it would be a debacle for both Scotland and the UK. As a general rule, economies prosper when barriers to trade and capital flow are removed and integration is fostered, not vice versa.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidnic...omic-disaster/

P.S. Anyone think Quebec would be better off if it seceded from Canada?

As in Scotland, that is an issue for the people of Quebec to decide.
Or the people of California.

Other than multiculturalism, I don't see that anything (other than the maps) will change if Scotland goes it's own way and a difference that makes no difference is not a difference. Scotland will have to deal with Holy Loch and the subs (British and US), Lock Ness and the monster (do they have proprietory rights?), the Stone of Scone (the English took it fair and square), and the credit for inventing the game of golf. Will they rebuild the wall separating England from Scotland. Will the drinkers be forced to choose (like a divorced couple) between Scotch whiskey and English gin.
Its doubtful that an independent Scotland will thrive alone. It costs money to set up a country.