Asking for Facebook

I am not a frequent hobbyist (and as you can probably see rarely post anything on here), but I'm wondering...

Is it a newer trend for a provider to ask for your facebook ID? I've had two girls ask for this as a part of their screening today (both of which were promptly turned down and discussion ended) so I was kind of taken aback.

Is this becoming more prevalent now? I'm not entirely comfortable with giving my real name out with providers who I haven't seen regularly and I don't particularly see how that would help with screening anyway (seeing as to how a fake FB account is easily accomplished).
No provider with any sense would publicly discuss specifics of what she looks for when screening a client, or why... And clients who know shouldn't either. Hobby boards have a much larger audience than just clients and providers.

If you're not comfortable with someone's screening requirements, simply keep looking. You'll find someone with less criteria.
I am not a frequent hobbyist (and as you can probably see rarely post anything on here), but I'm wondering...

Is it a newer trend for a provider to ask for your facebook ID? I've had two girls ask for this as a part of their screening today (both of which were promptly turned down and discussion ended) so I was kind of taken aback.

Is this becoming more prevalent now? I'm not entirely comfortable with giving my real name out with providers who I haven't seen regularly and I don't particularly see how that would help with screening anyway (seeing as to how a fake FB account is easily accomplished). Originally Posted by kando8675
I wouldn't trust anyone that asks for a Facebook ID. Some would require your real name to screen though, others have other ways of screening. Do what you're comfortable with. There's no point in jumping through flaming hoops if you don't want to.