Uuuugh - Recovering

I went to a party last night and drank one beer and almost an entire bottle of silver tequila throughout the night. Amazingly enough I did not puke (mental image so sexy, I know) but I have got one nasty hang over today. I swear I haven't had one for ages. I guess it's refreshing to know I can still have a hangover and I am not a complete alchy at this point.
haha.. knowing you're not an alchy is good... take a BC powder and have a smoothie or some fresh fruit.. you'll be okay. Lots of water.
I knew it! "My Baby's All Liquor'd Up". Country Dick Montana made you do it.

Have you heard his version of Backdoor Boogie yet?

You will.
Yes it was the song, I couldn't resist.

It was a special occassion last night so my man said it would be ok if I got a little tankered....though in my case it turned out to be a lot tankered.
Show him this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G9H1mZBULw

(....the whole club's prayin' that she finally passes out")
You can treat the symptoms ... but NOTHING will cure a hangover except time ...
When it comes to heavy drinking (which I don't do all that often anymore) my secret is hydration. Lots of water before you go out, more when you get home. Getting dehydrated makes the hangover worse, so a bit of preemptive damage control can work wonders.
I went to a party last night and drank one beer and almost an entire bottle of silver tequila throughout the night. Amazingly enough I did not puke (mental image so sexy, I know) but I have got one nasty hang over today. I swear I haven't had one for ages. I guess it's refreshing to know I can still have a hangover and I am not a complete alchy at this point. Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston
I did coronas and jager...my mistake was eating some pizza at 1am and I've been paying for it since 4am...I haven't slept...and I now officially hate my toilet with a passion.....my head feels like it's going to split...ouch...
Honey take me drunk im home, lol
Grown men can't get drunk, we just get sick. The exception is homosexuals; they get giddy as women.
Ahhhh the good olde days.

Damn, I need a drink
  • bbkid
  • 08-23-2010, 07:33 AM
I went to a party last night and drank one beer and almost an entire bottle of silver tequila throughout the night. Amazingly enough I did not puke (mental image so sexy, I know) but I have got one nasty hang over today. I swear I haven't had one for ages. I guess it's refreshing to know I can still have a hangover and I am not a complete alchy at this point. Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston
Wow! Victoria "almost an entire bottle of silver"??? !!! That would have KILLED me. Hope you are feelling better.

I did coronas and jager...my mistake was eating some pizza at 1am and I've been paying for it since 4am...I haven't slept...and I now officially hate my toilet with a passion.....my head feels like it's going to split...ouch... Originally Posted by allofamber
Ugh, sorry you were so sick, Amber. Hope you're better now.
I did that about 25 years ago with a fifth of Jack. One other time on a pint of white lightning. Ah, youth.
The joys of drinking.... it's fun... it's sophisticated... it's glamorous...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_xxy...eature=related
I did that about 25 years ago with a fifth of Jack. One other time on a pint of white lightning. Ah, youth. Originally Posted by boardman
Yep, the thing is you don't miss all the brain cells you killed off with ethanol .... until, that is, the cell loss reaches critical mass.

What was I talking about?

Oh, now I remember. Thank goodness for AA! Naw, I never went through that drill except for once when I accompanied an alcoholic relative to make sure he went. But I saw what I needed to see: keep drinking, and somebody's gonna make you go to a bunch of damn committee meetings and hug a bunch of damn strangers. Worse than a sharp stick in the eye.

Thus ended my drinking days. Sobriety beats the hell out of stranger-hugging.