The macroeconomics of douchebags.

Basic premises:
Supply and demand exist.
People avoid situations that are un-fun.

So: When people are douchebags to providers, it makes some of them leave the hobby. By the laws of supply and demand, that makes it more expensive for all of us. Furthermore, word of this sort of thing spreads, so fewer providers enter the hobby. So the supply/demand relationship is moved toward restriction of supply, and the price increases.

By contrast, when someone is a douchebag to a hobbyist, the hobbyist will hobby less. That moves toward demand reduction, and the price of pussy drops.

However, the hobbyist will, in general make significantly fewer appointments than the provider. There may be exceptions on this, but RisqueRenee, the most recent VP to get a review, has been reviewed 4 times in 2014, assuming that 1 in 20 reviews, that's 80 appointments. I have made 3 in 2014. So impacts to providers have far greater effects than impacts to individual hobbyists (there may be exceptions, but that's the gist.).

So, when guys are douchebags to providers, it hurts us all. Kind of a surprising amount.

Girls, consider, removing douchebags from the equation, and assuming that more girls went into the hobby, what would you *really* be willing to do this work for? at $150/hour, would you go be a secretary for $12/hour? At $100 would you flip burgers for minimum wage? No, honestly, if providers were not driven out of the business by massive douchebaggery, the price would drop significantly.

Guys, consider: Are douchebags REALLY amusing enough to be worth the fact that your favorite providers will always leave the hobby? That your poontang will cost between 50% and double what the price would be if they weren't around?

Now, I am not trying to white knight for anyone here. In fact, one of my central rules of life is everyone's all fucked up. That goes for everyone here to be certain, myself included. What I am saying is that the more pleasant we make the environment for the providers, the better it will be for hobbyists. Pure selfishness forces me to treat providers respectfully.
Basic premises:
Supply and demand exist.
People avoid situations that are un-fun. Originally Posted by vogon_slayer
Both of your premises are wrong...

So what else you got?
My sanity.
Both of your premises are wrong...

So what else you got? Originally Posted by Wakeuр
He's a douchebag.... he's got THAT.
If one needs an economic reason to treat people well, one is the douche. The better reason is a whole lot more simple.
@johnnnycap, agreed. But, when dealing with sociopaths, which recent research has indicated that Internet trolls are, it has been pretty well documented that giving them basic moral or courtesy reasons does not work. They have to be given a specific, personally advantageous reason to do so. So telling them that they're jerks just encourages them. Telling then that their shenanigans are making it more expensive to dip their wicks just *might* make them turn their douche-baggery to a forum in which they are not active market participants.
Of course, WU, not actually being a hobbyist, or from here, probably is posting in Upstate because his trolling in the Houston homosexual community had the result that he stopped getting laid there. So I think that the upstate NY hobby community is stuck with that one.
How cute...now I'm not a hobbyist AND the forum where I live is full of homosexuals...

ProTips: Reviews /= Hobbying
You being wrong /= me trolling
Calling me a fag = living in your mom's basement

That the best you got honey? I'm waiting for the good stuff! C'mon! Let's start with you proving your premises first...good luck...
Problems:

First of all, your reviews are for restaurants. Not providers.

Second, none of your posts indicate that you have the slightest interest in hobbying... You know, having sex with women.

Third, trolling the threads of reputable providers 3000 miles away is.... trolling.

Forth, trolling the threads of heterosexual community with the intent of spoiling the fun of heterosexuals thousands of miles away from you does smack of something that a sociopathic homosexual would be inclined to do.

For the record though, I am not suggesting that the Houston Eccie is full of homosexuals. Just you.

Pro tip, calling a hobbyist "honey" does not enhance an assumption that I am wrong about your preferences.

As for proving my premises, here's a primer on economics.
http://www.investopedia.com/universi...economics3.asp

Have fun.

How cute...now I'm not a hobbyist AND the forum where I live is full of homosexuals...

ProTips: Reviews /= Hobbying
You being wrong /= me trolling
Calling me a fag = living in your mom's basement

That the best you got honey? I'm waiting for the good stuff! C'mon! Let's start with you proving your premises first...good luck... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
You know your article doesn't apply here...right? C'mon man...Google ain't going to help you prove your premises...they're both wrong when it comes to this board...

Hint: You state that douchebags are causing providers to leave the board...name three...out of the hundreds here...just three. That's not even one of your premises...so I'm going easy on you here...start with that one...
Here's a list.
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...providers+miss

Now, a lot of them went to other areas, or moved on for other reasons, but seriously, you cannot be trying to claim that being a douchebag doesn't drive some of the better providers out of the board. What would you be basing *that* on? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, and you're the one making them.

Economics applies to all forms of human endeavor. Putting up with douchebags increases the marginal cost of production of provider experiences. Which decreases the marginal satisfaction the providers get. Therefore, it causes a number of them to leave the marketplace, and thus drives the price up.

Or does 2+2 = cow! in your world?

You know your article doesn't apply here...right? C'mon man...Google ain't going to help you prove your premises...they're both wrong when it comes to this board...

Hint: You state that douchebags are causing providers to leave the board...name three...out of the hundreds here...just three. That's not even one of your premises...so I'm going easy on you here...start with that one... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
In fact, I CAN claim that...because I haven't seen one who has stated that she's leaving because of douchebags on the board...there isn't a single one in that entire thread...

The burden of proof of your premises is on you...they're your premises...I'm not required to DISPROVE them...

NOW you're not even defending supply and demand...now you're applying some strange douchebag cost/benefit analysis to why hookers leave...

C'mon man...this is simple...prove your premises...don't deviate, don't try to obfuscate...just focus on those two things and make your argument...
Okay. First of all, supply and demand are the fundamental basis of economics. If you want to debate those, take it up with adam smith, not me.

Second, in douchebag world, does everyone tat stops replying and does something else have to announce that they got tired of dealing with douchebags, and thus invite more douchebaggery upon themselves?

I can name one offhand, because *everyone* knows this story. Chloegiggles left due to douchebaggery. Leesa has periodically dropped off due to it, and LucyNY has considered it, and taken months off... And those are ones I have at no more than one remove. So there's your three. Granted they all still hobby, but if that has been such a strong influence in my limited hobbying...

And again, you're trying to claim that 2+2=COW! It's an utterly stupid claim to be making. Of COURSE having to put up with crap makes some people stop doing it. Or is it that you think that providers are just born to put up with bullshit from assholes that contribute nothig but headaches to their lives?

Seriously dude, you're being a moron. Reread your userid.

In fact, I CAN claim that...because I haven't seen one who has stated that she's leaving because of douchebags on the board...there isn't a single one in that entire thread...

The burden of proof of your premises is on you...they're your premises...I'm not required to DISPROVE them...

NOW you're not even defending supply and demand...now your applying some strange douchebag cost/benefit analysis to why hookers leave...

C'mon man...this is simple...prove your premises...don't deviate, don't try to obfuscate...just focus on those two things and make your argument... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Hint: You state that douchebags are causing providers to leave the board...name three...out of the hundreds here...just three.... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Does Laxxxy count as three?
Oh yeah... she's still here.....
if greenpeace joins this one ...strong potential to be ...best ...thread ...ever