Plano/Richardson

So many commercial restaurants in the area...... but I am curious about the mom and pop spots. What are some local mom and pop spots that are yummy. Wanting to try something new this trip.
If you like real Chinese, Richardson is the place.
I love Chinesebut I'm thinking seafood or Mexican food.
If you like real Chinese, Richardson is the place. Originally Posted by Billogoods
Jeng Chi is hun hao! Some of the best Chinese in DFW.

Dunno about Mexican or Seafood.
Richardson has a huge Asian market. Lots of restaurants
Let me know what u find ima foodie also new in town
Pappasitos (Mexican) and Pappadeaux (Seafood) are in Richardson (Central Access Road) between Beltline and Spring Valley.
just websearch "<<typeOfCusisine>> restaurants, richardson tx"
Now, let us know where you went and what you thought of the food!!!!!
(that is - get some, give some [i'm not talking orgasms :^])

* Seafood
+ Big Shucks on Coit Rd south of Belt Line. fried shrimp & oysters, raw oysters, boiled shrimp, fried catfish, grilled/blackened fish, Crab Bites (think mini-crab cakes) and delicious Mexican Style Shrimp Cocktail!!!
reasonable prices (in my foodie opinion)

https://awshucksdallas.com/ and https://awshucksdallas.com/menu.pdf

* Mexican
+ Fernando's Mexican at City Line (on Plano Rd just south of Bush tollway) (never been there myself)
+ Mena's Tex-Mex Grill Cantina (on Campbell just east of US 75 Central Expwy)
+ down home(?) Dos Arroyos Comida Casera (on Custer Rd south of Renner)
Tricky Fish in Richardson (Seafood) is one of my favs in the area
i frequent richardson! thanks for this kind of info
Pls don't go to fernandos at city line... Horrible food and over priced. Easy better Mexican restaurants in town.
  • Lahk
  • 03-10-2022, 09:18 PM
Here's some of my favorite lunch spots in Richardson/Plano near 75.

75 and Campbell is a good concentration of restaurants. LA Burger east of 75 on Campbell & Plano Rd, Ali Baba Mediterranean just north of Campbell & 75 on southbound side, Russo's Coal Fired Kitchen for a big slice of good pizza is southeast corner of Campbell and 75, and Urban Eatz is in that same center for all around american food. Torchy's Tacos is just west of 75 and Campbell.

Further south on 75 is Ten50 BBQ, which is pretty good. Another really good BBQ spot is a few exits north of Richardson in downtown Plano, Lockhart BBQ on 15th and K. Other good spots near there are Urban Rio (mexican), Ye Ole Butcher Shop (serves beef/elk/buffalo/etc burgers), and Fish Shack (I prefer the Plano location rather than Richardson).
Tricky Fish in Richardson (Seafood) is one of my favs in the area Originally Posted by Sierra Sinclair
Couldn't agree more. Their namesake dish is 10/10.
  • cosoj
  • 03-11-2022, 10:59 PM
Jeng Chi has great Brazino (white fish) on weekends. Had a big fresh one last Saturday. Their dumplings are good too.
  • cosoj
  • 03-11-2022, 11:02 PM
Palapas Seafood Bar, near 75 and Campbell. Great fried redfish. Mexican owned.