SCOTUS: Only police lives matter

Police Shootings Stir Outrage Among Some, But Not The Supreme Court

"The majority today exacerbates that troubling asymmetry. Its decision is not just wrong on the law; it also sends an alarming signal to law enforcement officers and the public. It tells officers that they can shoot first and think later, and it tells the public that palpably unreasonable conduct will go unpunished. Because there is nothing right or just under the law about this, I respectfully dissent."

I 2nd that.
In this case sure. I psycho with a knife that would not obey commands to disarm. The woman was rightfully shot.
I do agree however that patrol officers should not carry a sidearm. In most of Europe the patrol officer carries no lethal weapons.
A specially trained officer carries a lethal weapon and is nearby if needed.

"One day this nation will rise up. Live out the true meaning of its creed."

The law is the law. I disagree with it.

I'm still outraged.
You don't want cops to carry a lethal weapon?
That weapon is not just for their defense....it's for yours too
I disagree. My weapon is for my defense. His weapon is to protect and serve whatever constitutes the general public. The officer that stood outside stoneman douglass high school stayed outside the school during the shooting. He did not fail in his duties. Trying to contain the shooter to a confined space was the right thing to do. But at what cost to the individual?
I guess that line of reasoning would follow only specially trained criminals could carry firearms, this is not Europe. IMO they need too toughen up on the laws & sentences of those criminals caught in the act of committing a crime with a weapon.
Is it a crime to be crazy on your own property?

I disagree. My weapon is for my defense. His weapon is to protect and serve whatever constitutes the general public. The officer that stood outside stoneman douglass high school stayed outside the school during the shooting. He did not fail in his duties. Trying to contain the shooter to a confined space was the right thing to do. But at what cost to the individual? Originally Posted by macksback
Those cops shouldn't be cops. If I had been there I would have run inside...weapon or no weapon and I'm no hero.
Confining the shooter in a school full of kids? Yeah...right

"The majority today exacerbates that troubling asymmetry. Its decision is not just wrong on the law; it also sends an alarming signal to law enforcement officers and the public. It tells officers that they can shoot first and think later, and it tells the public that palpably unreasonable conduct will go unpunished. Because there is nothing right or just under the law about this, I respectfully dissent."

I 2nd that.
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

the attention whore posts here because he posted in the wild wild west. didn't go well for you did it?

bahahahahaa

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2358623

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdbRn9cl0dk

it never does.

it never does.
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
I posted in three forums.

Go follow all of them pussy.

Those cops shouldn't be cops. If I had been there I would have run inside...weapon or no weapon and I'm no hero.
Confining the shooter in a school full of kids? Yeah...right Originally Posted by tbone2u
Culling the herd?