The Country Concurs - Democrats are Extremists

By a 9-point margin, voters see the Democratic Party as more ideologically extreme than the Republican Party.

Fairly certain that we could find some examples of view of extremism on both sides> I think most ppl are moderates in general but supporting ideas that Democrats/ Liberals are the problem are just as likely wrong as saying the folks on the right, are wrong.

What I do know is wrong, Congress is screwed up. We need our representatives to actually come to agreement on moving on finding consensus so they House can actually do something and send it to the Senate.

The fact the "Freedom Caucus" wants to shut down the government cause they don't know how to actually create synergy or anything other than drive the ULTRA right conservative agenda, tells you all you need to know about the the folks who would rather hold the entire government hostage, and shut down the place in order to create pain, vs consensus.

If that is what you think you 'elected' your representative to do, - exactly what type of outcome are you seeking besides taking a shitty process, and tearing the wheels off the bus, setting it on fire, and then walking away so that nothing happens?
  • Devo
  • 09-26-2023, 01:16 PM
Fairly certain that we could find some examples of view of extremism on both sides> I think most ppl are moderates in general but supporting ideas that Democrats/ Liberals are the problem are just as likely wrong as saying the folks on the right, are wrong.

What I do know is wrong, Congress is screwed up. We need our representatives to actually come to agreement on moving on finding consensus so they House can actually do something and send it to the Senate.

The fact the "Freedom Caucus" wants to shut down the government cause they don't know how to actually create synergy or anything other than drive the ULTRA right conservative agenda, tells you all you need to know about the the folks who would rather hold the entire government hostage, and shut down the place in order to create pain, vs consensus.

If that is what you think you 'elected' your representative to do, - exactly what type of outcome are you seeking besides taking a shitty process, and tearing the wheels off the bus, setting it on fire, and then walking away so that nothing happens? Originally Posted by eyecu2
Translation?

"You MAGA assholes need to go along with what we tell you to do, and then we can say all the problems are bi-partisan, because everything we, the Dems do, is to destroy America, and bring it to its knees before we sell ourselves out to China."

That's a great plan.
Fairly certain that we could find some examples of view of extremism on both sides Originally Posted by eyecu2
Did you miss the big chart in the OP. By a 9-point margin, voters see the Democratic Party as more ideologically extreme than the Republican Party.

Nope didn't miss your chart; I'm sure its from one of your favorite conservative sites. I'll defer to add more comment to that, but will say that there are other sites, polls or the like that would be counterpoint to this. And relative to the Comments from Devo: I'm not suggesting sit down and shut up. Not at all. I'd love to hear about more ppl reaching across aisles to gain a consensus. Does it really happen much, cause not many news sites show it, and that was my point. Maga assholes aside- and not pointing a single finger here, I'm asking from both sides getting together. Shutdowns are GOOD for NOTHING.
Nope didn't miss your chart; I'm sure its from one of your favorite conservative sites. Originally Posted by eyecu2

It's right on the chart - it is from Morning Consult - an independent research and polling firm.

So you are wrong, yet again
Longtime Democratic strategist James Carville mocked the far-left wing of the Democratic Party as “stupid” and “naive” while appearing on Bill Maher’s “Club Random” podcast Sunday.

“I find the left to be just annoying,” Carville told Maher. “The western far left is habitually the most stupid, naive people you can imagine. They come up with these really goofy constructs and it’s all about feeling good about yourself.”

Maher agreed and criticized progressives for demanding society cater to their feelings. “If your feelings are hurt, that’s more important than free speech,” he argued.

Carville revisited his criticisms of progressive Democrats later in the program, arguing they were a burden to the party.

Carville said he found them “annoying and silly” after Maher mocked the notion of “pregnant men.”
These are people who think women can have a penis and want to teach kids that this is reality. Extremist doesn’t begin to describe how fucked in the head modern leftists are.
Yeah yeah righteous right wingers hate gay people we get it. Old news. Let me try and stay on topic which if I read it right is about extremists. I guess for some people it is all or nothing 'they all look alike to me' but that is really a pretty unreasonable way to look at it. Extreme exists on both sides. Crazy knows no party lines.

Democrats are in fact just citizens whose beliefs fall near or left of center. Republicans are just citizens whose beliefs fall on the other side of that line. We can continue to let the media and shit stirrers amongst us dictate ideology and keep trying to make it a war to be waged against 'the other side' or we could embrace something far more functional. Neither side is wrong. The basic principles involved are not real complicated. Even the more flammable subjects have plenty of middle ground to use when developing workable solutions that won't check all the boxes both ways but would absolutely be well better than what we do currently.

Let's stop letting both sides get away with empty promises and endless investigations and demand they actually address key issues
Democrats are in fact just citizens whose beliefs fall near or left of center. Republicans are just citizens whose beliefs fall on the other side of that line. Originally Posted by DNinja69
And yet that is not what the results show. You can keep burying your head to the facts but by a 9-point margin, voters see the Democratic Party as more ideologically extreme than the Republican Party.